Special Education Teacher
Location: Montgomery, AL
Recruiter: Erika Wilson
Email: [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
Do you want to make a difference in the lives of our youth?
Do you want a supportive work environment?
Do you want to be part of leading a youth and young adults to personal victory and success?
If you answered “yes' then Sequel Youth and Family Services may have the perfect job for you!!!!
Sequel Youth and Family Services of Montgomery, is an intensive residential treatment facility providing an array of gender specific, evidenced based and trauma informed services for female adolescents, ages 12-18, with serious and/or chronic emotional and/or behavioral management problems that interfere with the child’s ability to function in the family, school and/or community setting outside of a residential environment.
The Special Education Teacher provides direct educational services to student population using professionally and educationally acceptable methods and techniques.
Snapshot of Job Duties:
- With supervisor, plan academic programming and scheduling (curriculum planning).
- Coaching students about academic goals and problems.
- Make daily academic assignments for students based on their learning levels and need for review in certain areas. Evaluate the daily academic progress of each student through examining written work, and reviewing the amount of proficiency exhibited.
- Locating and obtaining materials needed for academic studies and life skills groups.
- Devising groups to encourage social interaction skills among students for personal character and value development.
- Supervises students in other activities upon request.
- Attends in-service, teacher meetings and staff meetings as requested by supervisor or required by program.
- Provides a consistent approach to students and an appropriate classroom atmosphere that is conducive to learning.
- Shows initiative in providing alternatives in working with student's life skills and academic problems.
- Implements service plans and follows through on staff decisions.
- Responsible for design and implementation of Individual Educational Programs (IEP's).
- Bachelor’s degree in Education or related discipline. Must possess State of Alabama Special Education Teacher's Certification, Class B License.
- Experience with adolescents ages 12 -18 or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Excellent Benefits Package:
- Competitive Compensation
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance after 60 days
- Company provided Short Term and Long Term Disability
- Company provided AD&D insurance
- Flexible Spending Program
- 401K after sixty days
- 6 paid holidays