Assurance Staff Accountant
Location: North Haven, CT
Kforce's client, a leading national CPA firm in North Haven, Connecticut (CT), is seeking an Assurant Staff Accountant for their shoreline and central CT offices.
- Execute audit assignments in various areas, including, but not limited to, cash, receivables, inventory, fixed assets, payroll, and expense analysis
- Ensure complete client satisfaction through open communication, managing/meeting deadlines and proactively sharing strategies
- Review and prepare work papers to ensure documentation adequately supports conclusions reached
- Prepare and review financial statements, including complex footnote disclosures, conducts research, prepares memorandums and summarizes findings perform technical research as required
- Master's degree in Accounting required
- Licensed CPA preferred
- Advanced knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)/Generally Accepted Accounting Standards (GAAS)
- Knowledge of internal control systems and ability to collect and analyze data to detect deficient controls, accounting errors and irregularities, fraud, or non-compliance with laws and regulations
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Experience with Engagement is a plus
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.