Location: Florence, AL
Pay: $80,000.00 - $110,000.00 /Year
Name: Apply at RandstadEngineering.com
Manufacturing Engineer Job
A prominent manufacturing company in the Florence, Alabama area is seeking a Manufacturing Engineer. The Manufacturing Engineer will report directly to the divisional Engineering Manager and is responsible for planning, designing, and implementing safe, repeatable manufacturing process in the plant. The position will work with the operations team. The ideal candidate will have a strong Lean Manufacturing engineering background. An Engineering degree is required. The company will pay full relocation expenses for qualified candidates.
Responsibilities for the Manufacturing Engineer
- Evaluates manufacturing processes by designing and conducting current research methods; apply knowledge of process design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials; also able to confer with equipment vendors; solicit observations from operators and develop standard work instructions
- Develops manufacturing processes by studying product requirements; researching, designing, modifying, and testing manufacturing methods and equipment; conferring with equipment vendors.
- Improves manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning work flow, space requirements, and equipment layout.
- Assures product and process quality by designing testing methods; testing finished- product and process capabilities; establishing standards; confirming manufacturing processes.
Requirements for the Manufacturing Engineer
- Bachelor's degree, Engineering discipline
- 3-5 years� experience as a manufacturing engineer in manufacturing environment required
- Proven track-record using World Class Manufacturing, Six Sigma, or lean tools to streamline processes; optimize production and/or quality of products
- Full company paid relocation