Retail Sales Associate
Location: Aurora, IL
Full-Time and Part-Time Career Opportunities
Our Sales Associates are a major driving factor behind Bob’s Discount Furniture’s success and expansive growth in the retail industry. At Bob’s you can expect an environment dedicated to your individual success and a rewarding career with room for professional advancement! As champions of the “Bob’s Way” our Sales Associates find satisfaction in assisting customers with their interior design needs, offering world class customer service with a low pressure, honest, gimmick free and enjoyable shopping experience.
"No phony sales, no phony gimmicks, just everyday low prices and value!
We call it the Bob’s Way because no one does it better!" - Bob Kaufman Founder and President Emeritus
At Bob’s we understand there are many companies you can choose to work for, so, along with exceptional opportunities for career growth we offer a fun and team oriented work environment and great benefits!
The Benefits and Perks
- A competitive Hourly Advance / Draw vs Commission pay structure with bonus potential!
- Feeling under the weather, we’ve got you covered! We offer National Health, Dental and Vision coverage
- Life insurance – Employer paid basic Life Insurance, with the option to add Voluntary Life Insurance as well!
- 401(k) Profit Sharing Plan – Generous Company match!
- Paid Personal/Sick Days
- Paid Vacation, Sick Days, Holidays and your Birthday! After all, your birthday should be a holiday
- Employee Assistance Program
- Our prices are already low, but why not more! Generous Employee Discount
- The flexibility of working a Retail Schedule (weekends, evenings & holidays)
- Need a pay advance? Take advantage of Bob’s Bail Out Program
- Have an unexpected extraordinary expense? Take advantage of Bob’s Helping Hand Program. Bob’s cares and is here to help
- And much more!
Many of our benefits are paid wholly or in part by Bob’s Discount Furniture and are available to eligible employees.
- Greet and engage customers, uncovering their home furnishing needs and helping them make their design vision become a reality
- Provide world class customer service and offer customers an unforgettable shopping experience
- Build rapport with clients, earning their business through your ability to demonstrate exceptional product knowledge, strong interpersonal skills, and excellent listening skills
- Develop and maintain a customer base through networking and client follow up to ensure customer satisfaction before and after the sale
- Generating sales through a low pressure consultative approach
- Energetic, self-motivated sales professional with exceptional interpersonal, listening and communication skills, bilingual a plus!
- Ability to network and build relationships with customers
- Competitive, goal oriented nature with the ability to work well in a team environment
- Flexibility to work a 5 day retail schedule that includes nights, weekends (both Saturdays and Sundays for Full Time, either / or for Part Time), and most holidays.
- Basic computer skills
- Previous sales experience in retail commission based sales environment is a plus, but not required
- Strong organizational skills
Bob’s Discount Furniture is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to reasonably accommodating qualified persons with disabilities to enable them to perform the essential duties of their position.