Systems Analyst-Project Leader/Sr. Project Leader
Location: Davenport, IA
Arconic is currently in search of a ProjectLeader/Sr. Project Leader to join their team in Davenport, IA, andsupport Global Rolled Products Business Unit (GRP). GRP focuses onthe production and sale of specific rolled aluminum products in global markets.The GRP Information Services (IS) Department supports the strategies of ourbusiness unit headquarters, sales and manufacturing locations in the UnitedStates. The IS organization is responsible for the planning, development,implementation, operation, and continuing support of all information technologysolutions within GRP.
We are accountable for business applications,infrastructure, compliance and coordinate the management of the total cost ofownership for IS. We have knowledgeable people and strong partnerships with ourbusiness unit and location leaders, our customers at the locations, and ourexternal or corporate service providers.
The primary purpose of the ProjectLeader/Sr. Project Leader, is to support the overall GRP ManufacturingOperations Management business strategy and the locations by providing in depthknowledge in specific business areas that span multiple computing environments.We do this by partnering with our internal customers to understand the currentprocesses along with opportunities for improvements and then enable businessvalue by delivering creative cost-effective solutions.
- Analyzes, enhances and supports business processes that may spanmultiple computing environments and multiple GRP locations.
- Develops an in-depth understanding of the business processes intheir area(s) of assignment, and a general understanding of the GRP business.
- Takes initiative to identify and implement system and/or processimprovements to support business objectives.
- Uses a combination of leading edge information technologies alongwith existing legacy tools to develop and deliver solutions to meet businessneeds.
- Operates at an expert level in one or more areas of ITtechnologies and recommends and develops standards in thesetechnologies. Acts as a mentor to teach others of thesetechnologies.
- Is viewed as a leader and change agent within both IT and customercommunity.
- Provides expertise and support for ongoing operations of existingsystems, including problem resolution and instituting preventative measures.
- Interacts with systems and BU business process owners during thedeployment of Manufacturing applications projects.
- Effectively utilizes project methodology and tools to deliversolutions and communicate status.
- Operates within and influences IS standards and conventions andpromotes adherence within the IS organization.
- Pursues continuous learning consistent with changes in technologyand uses this to recommend and influence IS direction with these technologies.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
- Minimum 5 years of experience with software development life cyclemethodologies
- Minimum 3 year of Technical experience in Java programming
- Minimum 3 years of SQL Programming (MS SQL-Server, SQL, T‐SQL,PL/SQL)
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States.Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire.Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science,Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Mathematics from an accreditedinstitution.
- Manufacturing functional experience working on quality, ordermanagement, planning & scheduling, shipping or operations managementinformation systems projects.
- Technical experience in Web Development in Java, .NET, SharePointDesigner
- Technical experience or knowledge of XML, B2MML
- Experience in the design and configuration of Rockwell AutomationFactory Talk Production Centre
- Application experience with Microsoft SQL Server Applications,Microsoft SharePoint, Microsoft Team Foundation Server, Oracle or SAP ERPapplications, Rockwell Historian or OSIsoft PI
- Strong communication skills, self-starter, strong learningorientation, collaborative personality