Project Manager - Smart Buildings
Location: Harrisburg, PA
Work with the Smart Building Program team to manage projects across multiple clients.
- Oversees project implementation and execution through completion of construction.
- May manage small, ground-up projects including programming, design, entitlements, bidding, permitting, and construction management.
- Proficient at managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Oversees Smart Building (IoT) implementation programs with design and construction processes at multiple sites through local resources, with minimal oversight.
- Develops or assists in developing project budget including hard and soft costs.
- Begins to manage or assists in managing project budgets for subject properties and maintain monthly forecasts and cash flow analysis.
- Assists in or may be responsible for project scheduling and project decisions based upon owners’ objectives which may include, but is not limited to: site improvements, entitlements, permits, consultant selection; design team management, schedule creation and management, contractor selection and management, financial management including cash flows, anticipated cost reports and monthly reports.
- Assists in or assembles and manages required teams of consultants and contractors. (Negotiates contracts with each team member; Interfaces with architects, client staff, property managers and vendors).
- Coordinates with the SME/Account Manager to maintain client relationships and may assist in or manages conflict resolution.
- Provides appropriate level of on-site supervision to ensure project performance criteria are being met.
- Develops relationships with consultants/contractors/vendors and evaluate their performance.
- Operates independently on activities relevant to project. Defers policy issues and employment related issues to higher management levels.
Growth of the Company
- Identify and address areas of concern regarding potential liabilities and risk (fee, our reputation, errors and omissions, etc.) to Manager or Project Lead.
- Assists Smart Building team in the establishment and refinement of best practices of standards of excellence.
- Assists in training and developing JLL team members in the skills and understanding of firm procedures, methodology and practices expected for a successful project implementation.
- Participates periodically in client meetings or business development presentations as part of a Team to help demonstrate our capabilities. Assists with the development of marketing materials and support information/data. Maintains a working knowledge of business unit’s available product and service offerings.
- Ensure that all accounts receivables are maintained at a level not to exceed planned working capital charge as set by corporate finance, the project team and/or the SME/Client Account manager.
- Any and all other duties and tasks assigned.
- Bachelor Degree from an accredited institution.
- PMP certification
Years of relevant experience
- 5-10 years as PM or similar role.
Skills and knowledge
- Firm knowledge of construction, architecture or commercial real estate industry.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with executive level internal & external clients
- Organizational & detailed-oriented with the ability to prioritize and manage differing needs of the business.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products. Specifically – Excel, Word, Project
- Basic knowledge of MS Office.
JLL Is an Equal Opportunity Employer
JLL is committed to developing and maintaining a diverse workforce. JLL strongly believes in equal opportunity extended to all individuals in all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, discipline, layoff, recall and termination without regard to race, color, religion, belief, creed, age, sex, pregnancy or maternity (including childbirth and related conditions), family responsibility (e.g. child care, elder care), nationality, ethnic or national origin or ancestry, citizenship, marital status, civil partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, veteran’s status, genetic information, trade union membership, social position, political view or status as a qualified individual with a disability, protected leave status or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable law. The company also endeavors to make reasonable accommodations for known physical or mental limitations of otherwise qualified employees and applicants with disabilities unless the accommodations would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business and ensures that employment decisions are based only on valid job requirements.
For employees in the United States, please see a fully copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy at https://jll2.sharepoint.com/CorporatePolicies/HR%20Policies/Equal%20Employment%20Opportunity%20and%20Affirmative%20Action.pdf.
If you have questions about careers at JLL or are disabled and require further assistance in applying for a position, please contact us at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]