Location: Loveland, CO
Pay: $37,440.00 - $45,760.00 /Year
Name: Volt Workforce Solutions
Volt Workforce Solutions is hiring for a Coordinate Measuring Machine (CMM) for a client in Loveland, Colorado. This employee will be programming and operation of a Coordinate Measuring Machine (CMM) to ensure that products conform to specified standards, assist with dimensional layouts of FAIs, and perform technical quality duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Develop CMM programs using CMM Manager and/or PC-DMIS, for full part qualification during launch and in-process production inspection as required. Develop, utilize and evaluate SPC data for in-process part quality capabilities.
- Conduct statistical studies of process capability and process control to assist process engineers in achieving capability.
- Must be capable of effectively programming a CMM to accurately measure products, to ensure applicable process inspections can be reliably performed.
- Set up reports to describe studies and prepare applicable documents and layouts, including interpreting and understanding the data outputs, and communicating outputs to CNC and other Production personnel.
- Maintain a clean and orderly workspace and keep equipment clean, properly serviced and calibrated.
- Collaborate with in-house and outside tooling/fixturing suppliers to ensure robust measuring methods and setups.
- Consistently monitor the quality of the product and identify ways to improve accuracy and productivity.
- Make any necessary adjustments to data and routines by configuring hardware or software enhancing the quality-control capabilities of the machine.
- Create and maintain molding and assembly quality plans for new and acquisitioned projects; including specifying process-control and inspection criteria, and selecting measurement For automotive applications, assure that all components and the approved process conform to AIAG requirements, including generation of documentation required for the PPAP package, in compliance with the TS16949 standard.
- Interpret and understand complex technical documentation such as blueprints and specifications, including the interpretation and application of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T).
The ideal candidate would have the following:
- Associate Degree in an engineering or applied science discipline or equivalent work experience in a Quality Engineering/Assurance Field with applied SPC techniques.
- 2 years CMM operation and/or programming experience (PC-DMIS preferred – or equivalent) preferred.
- TS 16949, ISO9001, ISO13485, or automotive quality systems experience.
- Advanced knowledge of GD&T.
- ASQ certification preferred.
• Tools used in this occupation: Go/No Go Gauges, Calipers, Micrometers, Surface Plate Tooling and Guages, Vision Inspection Systems (Micro-Vu Inspection), Comparator, and Label Making Software.
• Technology used in this occupation: PC-DMIS, CMM Manager, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, Power Point), SPC Software (InfinityQS), MiniTab, InspectionXpert
- Quality Systems familiarity required.
• Drawing interpretation required.
• In-process and final inspections capability.
Volt Workforce Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer.