RPG ILE, Infor XA - Programmer Analyst
Location: Anniston, AL
Job Description BAE is seeking a RPG Programmer Analyst for our business systems support team located in Anniston, AL to deliver system modifications and enhancements. Duties include responding to incident tickets and service requests for end user support including: application administration (account and access provisioning) diagnoses of issues, tuning system performance, system-to-system integration, creating and modifying reports and providing end user training and documentation.
This position is responsible for the support of the Infor XA ERP environment and 3rd party applications, including but not limited to: Procurement, Customer Service, Inventory Management, Financials, Manufacturing, Planning, Shipping/Receiving.
Candidate must have excellent reasoning and problem solving skills to analyze system and business problems.
Candidate must be comfortable working both independently or as part of a team. Must be willing and able to learn new tasks, responsibilities and skills quickly and efficiently.
Candidate must have good organizational skill to effectively handle several tasks at one time. Must be able to appropriately prioritize assigned work task to ensure priority tasks are completed on time.
Candidate must have excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to convey technical concepts in a non-technical manner.
Typical Education & Experience
- Develop strong understanding of the business functions and processes.
- Manages competing priorities across projects and to quickly breakdown complex issues and manage them accordingly to keep projects within scope, time, and budget.
- Identify opportunities that can improve efficiency of business processes through the use of technology or automation.
- Documents as-is/to-be business processes, system environment, data flow, process flow charts, use cases and other design documents as needed.
- Works with other application and desktop support staff to coordinate interdependencies and resolve issues.
- Determine business needs based on user input for improving utilization of existing system capabilities or development of enhancements in existing application software or processes.
- Translate and document business requirements into system functional specifications and system design specifications of moderate complexity.
- Implement new application software or perform modifications to existing software in order to meet business objectives using COTS applications and/or custom programming using in-house technology – SQL, RPG/CL, XA Enterprise Integrator, Visual Studio (C#.Net).
- Implement system-to-system integration and development efforts which may involve non-XA tools and technologies used to execute business operations.
- Deliver solutions that add business value. Engages business customers according to organizational policy and leadership direction while promoting a positive image of the team and IT organization.
- Work under limited supervision and conducts self in an appropriate manner, working effectively in a diverse and distributed work environment.
- Holds self and others (vendors, team members) accountable to meet commitments
- Performs non-IT administrative responsibilities such as reporting status on projects, employee timesheet, Ethics and other mandated training, updating Configuration Management database records, etc.
- Troubleshoot technical issues and identify modifications needed in existing applications to meet changing business requirements.
- Provide direction and advice to business users in the effective use of the Infor XA ERP system and other supported applications.
- Prepares appropriate procedures and documentation to hand off support to super users, system administrators or help desk resources.
- Create project plans as required and track activities against the plan
- Develop test plans, test scripts, and test procedures based on requirements. Coordinates testing and verifies data integrity, documents and analyzes test results recommending corrective action if required.
- Participates in Change Request process to approve, document, test and certify all changes to the ERP system and other supported applications.
- Provide coordination for activities with outsourced application development consultants or vendor support resources.
- Maintain source and configuration settings and documentation to meet compliance and configuration management requirements.
- Stays current with evolving IT technologies, best practices and techniques
- Incorporate security and auditing into applications and ensure all work meets compliance with BAE Systems
- Exhibits effective collaboration and conflict resolution skills.
- Use a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses
- Willingness to give and receive feedback and to speak up to express differing viewpoints
- Ensure that all corporate and IT governance policies and procedures are adhered to
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 6 years work experience or equivalent experienceRequired Skills and Education
IBM System i, IBM Power System (AS/400) experience
Programming: RPG ILE/CL/SQL
MS Office (Specifically Excel and Access)
Infor XA 9 (MAPICS) or above
Infor Enterprise Integrator
Manufacturing environment experiencePreferred Skills and Education
Infor NetLink / SystemLink / ION experience
LANSA for iSeries / Visual LANSA
XML / SOAP experience
Project management experience
MS Visio / Mindjet Mind Manager
IBM I v7 security and administration experienceAbout BAE Systems, Inc.
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. People are the greatest asset in any Company. BAE Systems is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression