Hospital Security Officer North Charleston, SC (PT/Various Shifts)
Location: North Charleston, SC
Allied Universal is seeking Professional Security Officers. Our Security Officers allow us to contribute to our company’s core purpose of providing unparalleled service, systems and solutions to serve, secure and care for the people and businesses of our communities.
- Be at least 18 years of age with high school diploma or equivalent
- Possess effective written and oral communication and interpersonal skills with ability to deal with all levels of personnel and the general public in a professional and effective manner
- Able to obtain a valid guard card/license, as required in the state for which you are applying.
- As a condition of employment, employee must successfully complete a background investigation and a drug screen in accordance with all federal, state, and local laws
- Display exceptional customer service and communication skills
- Have intermediate computer skills to operate innovative, wireless technology at client specific sites
- Ability to handle crisis situations at the client site, calmly and efficiently
- Able to:
- Work in various environments such as cold weather, rain/snow or heat
- Occasionally lift or carry up to 40 pounds
- Climb stairs, ramps, or ladders occasionally during shift
- Stand or walk on various surfaces for long periods of time
- Physical Requirements:
- Restrain violent/combative patients to prevent injuries to themselves and others
- Assist in lifting patients as needed to either assist nursing staff or help transport expired patients
- Climb and descend stairs to all floors of the hospital in the event elevators are not accessible due to mechanical issues or emergency situations.
- Long periods of walking, standing or sitting dependent on post
- Credentialing Requirements
- 7 Years of verifiable experience, with 3 years in security, customer service or related field.
- Armed officers should have prior military or law enforcement experience, or comparable training or certification and able to pass an annual Psychological Evaluation
- Verifiable High School Diploma or GED (Certificates of Completion not acceptable)
- No criminal charges in the past 7 years, or any acts of violence, theft or moral turpitude beyond that. No open/pending charges accepted regardless of level.
- Must be customer service oriented
- Computer proficient
- Flexible availability outside of regular schedule and willingness to work extra when needed
- Must meet appearance standards set forth by client
- Understanding of hospital setting and what that entails
- Likely to witness traumatic injuries and expired patients
- Will deal with violent patients and visitors, and required to contain and handle the situation with the least amount of force possible
Allied Universal is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce. Allied Universal will provide qualified individuals with reasonable accommodations pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or any other applicable state or local laws. We are committed to hiring veterans and reservists. Since 2013, we have hired over 25,000 heroes.