Location: Flagstaff, AZ
Pay: $16.00 /Hour
Name: Rainee Crabtree
We are seeking Parent Educators to complete Community Developmental Screenings in Sedona/Verde Valley using the Ages and Stages Questionnaire.
provide community screenings implementing the ASQ with parents and families
with children ages one month to five and half years
old. This strengths-based program uses developmental
screenings, informal parenting education and provides a network for community
resources, referrals and services.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Serves the number of families
determined by program guidelines including successful completion of
face-to-face community screenings
Accepts referrals and initiates contact with families to schedule
a convenient location for child screenings.
- Conducts screenings at times that are convenient for
the family that may include evenings and weekends.
- Collects and maintains data through the ASQ-3 and
uploads findings into the ASQ HUB through Valley of the Sun United Way.
- Provides parent education through use of the
appropriate Ages and Stages Questionnaire (ASQ-3) Screening Tool
demonstrating fidelity to the model.
- Engages parents and provides
parenting developmentally appropriate guidance that meets the needs of
each family within each screening.
- Collects developmental information;
determines other screenings as a resource to parents.
- In partnership with families,
conducts developmental screenings. Supports families in seeking
appropriate resources based on the results of screenings as needed.
- Assesses family strengths and
resources, including informal support systems.
- Facilitates referrals to community
- Must be 21 years of age (licensing
- Bachelor’s degree in Family Studies,
Early Childhood or related field of study from an accredited college or
- Minimum 1 year experience working
in an environment with children.
- Possess a valid Arizona driver’s
license and be insurable under the agency’s automobile policy.
- Must be computer literate with knowledge
of Outlook and Microsoft Office programs (i.e. Word, Excel).