Technical Sales Representative
Location: Holland, MI
ALS provides a broad range of testing and analytical services to a wide variety of end markets and industries around the globe. We continue to remain at the forefront of the testing services industry, building an enviable reputation.
The primary purpose of this position is to increase sales revenue and market share for ALS in the assigned territory by identification of new leads/prospects and expanding relationships with the existing customer base. ALS Environmental is looking for a seasoned professional to sell laboratory services in Northwest Indiana, Illinois, Wisconsin and Minnesota for our Holland, MI laboratory. The preferred candidate would ideally be based in Chicago, Milwaukee or Minneapolis and have experience in; environmental sales, environmental consulting, an environmental regulatory agency, or laboratory with a solid knowledge of the environmental testing industry. B2B sales and experience selling services is a big plus.
- Maintenance and growth with existing client portfolio;
- Develop and convert prospects in assigned territory;
- Perform all related sales functions to meet sales territory goals;
- Assist with proposal preparation, including sales and technical writing;
- Deliver presentations/seminars for clients;
- Ability to forecast and meet budgeted revenue goals on a quarterly and annual basis;
- Prepare and provide quotations as requested by existing and potential clients;
- Represent ALS Environmental at required trade shows and conferences;
- Participate in client appreciation, industry and promotional events;
- Resolve customer complaints regarding service or data quality; escalate customer issues to a manager as needed;
- Meet required reporting due dates, deadlines, and operate in an organized manner and be available to work outside normal business hours as needed;
- Observe established safety regulations and comply with all ALS health and safety policies and procedures;
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Candidate must be professional in every aspect, self-motivated and flexible in working independently as well as with a team;
- Effective in consultative selling and relationship building with 100% commitment to success;
- Positive attitude, high energy, and dynamic with strong customer service skills;
- Experience with closing sales a must;
- Excellent verbal and written skills with knowledge of Microsoft Office programs;
- Previous experience working with Salesforce CRM.
- BBA in Marketing, BS in Science or related field, or equivalent preferred
- Minimum 1 - 5 years selling experience required (2-3 years selling in technical field preferred);
- Ability to travel extensively.
- Able to speak and hear clearly while communicating with staff, management, and clients;
- Able to sit, and/or stand for 100% of an 8 hour day;
- Dexterity in hands and fingers to operate computer and other equipment;
- Must have average vision and able to see to read reports and operate equipment.
We would like to thank everyone for their interest in ALS but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
'ALS is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to achieving and maintaining a workforce which reflects and affirms the diversity of our society'
ALS is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
EOE AA Minority, Female, Veteran, Individuals with Disabilities
Click Here to view the EEO is the Law poster
Click Here to view the FMLA Law poster
Click Here to view the EPPA Law Poster
Click Here to view the Pay Transparency Provision
Click Here to view company E-Verify Participation Poster