Sr. Controls Engineer
Location: Decatur, AL
Name: Dennis George
SR. CONTROLS ENGINEER
Amotec is conducting a National search for a Sr. Controls Engineer. Our client, a multi-billion dollar manufacturer, has an immediate need for a Sr. Engineer that will be responsible for assisting in the design and maintenance of Power Systems, Process Control Systems and working with the IT department to ensure the reliability of plant systems. Additional responsibilities include:
- Capital projects - responsible for scope development, budget creation/submission, and implementation of projects such as control upgrades and new equipment controls installation. Manages the electrical portion of capital projects through the design, approval, implementation, and start up phases specifying and ensuring the consistency of electrical devices on new and replacement equipment.
- Manages plant's controls network and infrastructure including recommending and implementing changes and working with Engineering Manager to maintain the future plan and project timelines of capital controls and hardware.
- Provides support and training to plant technicians regarding controls network and infrastructure
- Write code from scratch
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- 7+ years of Electrical/Controls Engineering experience
- Previous experience with Rockwell Control Logix, Kinetix Servo controllers and Factory Talk
- Knowledge of Electrical & Instrumentation (E&I) technologies including PLC's, Honeywell DCS, power systems, motor starters, drives, T,P,F, Level sensors, low voltage safety qualification, NEC, and NFPA 70E.
- Demonstrated ability to work a problem from problem statement development thru to root cause identification and systemic corrective action implementation
- B.S.E.E. preferred or equivalent education/work experience