Location: Huntsville, AL
Pay: $55,000.00 - $65,000.00 /Year
Job Classification: Full-Time Regular
Hands on Quality Engineer with a focus on Process Improvements.
Plans, coordinates and directs the APQP program, meeting the requirements outlined in TS16949/IATF16949 and Customer Specific Requirements.
Is the voice of the Customer and the plant lead facing the Customer.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Complete PPAP documentation to AIAG/Customer Specific standards.
- Responsible for FMEA process, updating control plans and reactions to issues and concerns.
- Key member of the core launch team for product kick off and responsible for the advanced quality requirements for both Plant and Customer.
- Implement customer specific requirements in planning process.
- Perform and document initial capability study for new programs.
- Conduct and oversee all product validation testing and certification.
- Assist in developing the quality standards during the launch of product.
- Assist in maintaining all necessary documentation for ISO and TS/IATF Certification.
- Interpret Geometric Dimension and Tolerance (GD&T).
- Responsible for Metrology organization and management, CMM and Scanning capabilities.
- Responsible for Calibration organization and management
- Maintain high level of housekeeping.
- Perform other duties that may be assigned.
Directly supervises all Quality Technicians (CMM Operators, Gage Calibration Technician)
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organizations policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and or ability to successfully perform the job.
Education and/or experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related field.
- 3 to 5 years’ Customer facing experience.
- Automotive industry experience, highly desired.
- PPAP and APQP experience.
- Quality Core Tools experience, including 8D, 5Y, 5P and Practical Problem Solving.
- CMM and Scanning capabilities.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general operating instructions, quality requirements, etc.
- Math skills inclusive of statistics, trigonometry, solid Geometric Dimension and Tolerancing.
- Ability to solve practical problems. Required to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Ability to present to both Plant and Customer Management.