Location: Anniston, AL
Job Description BAE Systems Combat Vehicles has openings for Painters to support our Anniston VUOC Site. These positions are Union Represented.
Required Skills and Education
Ensures proper surface preparation and paints a wide variety of production parts, assemblies, and accessories according to specifications.
- Cleans and prepares the surface to be painted and protects or masks the surfaces not to be painted according to process sheets, drawings or other instructions.
- Mixes, thins and blends paints, enamels, lacquers and varnishes to proper color and consistency for application according to work instructions.
- Assembles and adjusts spray painting equipment to give proper pressures, mixture and spray, insuring that the application is of proper texture, thickness and surface finish.
- Cleans and maintains painting equipment and performs required housekeeping, follows all disposal procedures in an environmentally approved manner.
- Performs material handling and other plant duties as assigned.
1. Work requires a high school diploma or GED equivalent.About BAE Systems Platforms & Services
2. Must be able to work in a team-oriented environment.
3. Previous specialized or industrial painting in preferred.
4. In order to reach the maximum wage rate through the progression table, an employee must demonstrate the ability to apply consistently even coats of finish paint and other products with rapidity and precision essential.
5. Work requires ability to mix and blend paints accurately and according to specifications.
6. Work requires physical dexterity necessary to work in small areas.
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. Platforms & Services designs, develops, produces, supports, maintains, modernizes and upgrades armored combat vehicles, wheeled vehicles, naval guns, surface ship combatants, commercial vessels, missile launchers, artillery systems, military ordnance, and protective wear and armor. Equal Opportunity Employer: Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression