Director of IT Operations & Security
Location: Birmingham, AL
Job Type: Direct-Hire
Pay Rate: Up to per year, DOE
In this job, here are some of the duties to be performed:
ITAC is assisting a local software organization its search for a Director of IT Operations and Security. This person will be over all functions of security, networking, telecommunications, system administration and integrations, desktop support, hardware/software and licensing. The Director will also be responsible for the following:
• Cross-department collaboration and communication to ensure appropriate processes, procedures and tools are installed, monitored, and effectively operating and alerting.
• Strategy, planning, and operational excellence through continuous improvement and automation.
• Manages service levels, control effectiveness, control failure remediation, operational automation and oversight of IT operations and information security team, consisting of 3 engineers and 4 support specialists.
• Directs technical professionals in planning, design, implementation and support of IT infrastructure, hardware, software, and systems to meet business needs.
• Provides guidance and awareness of secure solutions and requirements.
• Initiates and fosters partnerships with vendors, senior leadership, and across business and IT teams to drive IT operation and security plans and capabilities across company operations.
• Aligns, anticipates and implements business strategies and priorities.
• Establishes financial plans and manages to plan. Ensures project financial plans are met by individual contributors for all services supported including hardware, software and service contracts.
• Negotiates product purchases and annual maintenance agreements. Ensures asset inventory is accurately maintained and correctly reflected on vendor invoices.
• Hires and manages individual contributors; coaches and counsels team members; holds team accountable to performance standards; develops associate training plans and career paths.
• Determines and manages staffing strategy and plan (# of FTEs, skills needed, depth of experience, internal and external staffing mix) consistent with the needs of the department.
• Oversees the development, implementation and execution of multiple projects ensuring scope and schedule are established for projects. Acts based on changed priorities.
• Formulates and executes process and organizational improvement direction and programs which enhance overall effectiveness; proactively seeks ways to improve customer support and processes. Understands business process, issues/problems and applies appropriate IT standards and solutions.
• College degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or equivalent technical degree preferred.
• Industry-recognized information security certification(s) (e.g., CISSP)
• 5 years’ experience in a leadership role such as an IT Manager, Project Manager, Network Manager, or similar
• Experience and knowledge of Incident, Problem, and Change Management principles, methodologies and tools. Understanding and currency in IT best practices (e.g., ITIL, COBIT, PMBOK, Six Sigma).
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to speak on varying technical levels and clearly articulate messages to a variety of audiences.