Class A CDL Driver - Long Haul
Location: Birmingham, AL, AL
Pay: $19.00 - $24.00 /Hour
Name: LaTasha Wright
This position will manage assigned routes ensuring that waste is transported in a timely and accurate manner:
- Responsible for picking up and transporting waste safely according to all federal, state, and local rules and regulations
- Plans daily schedule based on Stericycle or customer needs by reviewing daily paperwork, e.g., manifest, route sheets, previous VCR, etc. provided by Transportation Manager/Supervisor or Dispatcher.
- Communicates any issues to Transportation Manager/Supervisor and/or Dispatcher for resolution.
- Ensures load is secured and placarded if required prior to operating vehicle on public highway.
- Load truck at various customer sites
- Must be able to push/pull light or heavy objects (drums etc.)
Ensures that assigned paperwork is completed legibly, neatly, accurately, and completely and returned to Transportation Manager/Supervisor or Dispatcher, at the time of debriefing, for processing.
- High School Diploma, or equivalent.
- Completion of an accredited driving school, or previous Commercial Driving experience required. Previous route management experience a plus.
- Maintains current Class A Commercial Driver's License (CDL), with an excellent driving record.
- Hazmat / Tanker Endorsement Required; Doubles, Triples Endorsements a plus
- Demonstrates ability to read a map, general computer skills and knowledge of internet.
- Must be able to obtain a Medical Examiner's Certificate from a doctor approved by Stericycle.
- May require mandatory immunizations and credentialing based on customer requirements.
- Must work safely and carefully to prevent injury to self and others while driving, loading, and unloading vehicle. Requires constant mental and visual attention relative to the safe operation of the vehicle.