Assembly Tech Hydraulics
Location: Anniston, AL
Job Description Performs vehicle testing, trouble shooting, and problem solving including, but not limited to: electrical, mechanical, hydraulic, and fuel on all vehicle systems produced. Also performs inspection both of own work and work performed by others. Drives vehicles at the Anniston Army Depot test track and performs vehicle functional tests as required by the Final Inspection Requirements. Documents vehicle deficiencies, and then fixes/corrects them while providing feedback to the responsible supervisor. Employees from this position are assigned field service activities.
Performs some combination of the following:
1. Works from the FIR, engineering drawings, such as, assembly, hydraulic, electrical schematics and pictorials, technical manuals, station instructions, DMWR’s and NMWR’s.
2. Performs pre-driving safety inspection, corrects deficiencies and then drives vehicles for the purpose of performing functional tests of each system/sub-system and corrects any and all deficiencies found.
3. Performs high level troubleshooting tasks on vehicle sub-systems that fail to meet requirements, such as electrical, mechanical, functional, hydraulics, and fuel.
4. Performs material handling and moving functions, using hand and power equipment as required.
5. Must successfully complete training and obtain both fork lift and overhead crane operator’s licenses.
6. Conducts functional tests and removes, repairs/overhauls and reinstalls components and refurbished equipment that may not be functioning properly, and may be required to prepare reports or complete documentation of said tests and/or repairs.
7. Assesses vehicle for non-functioning defective parts to replace, for missing parts, and parts that have an unacceptable overhaul condition and corrects what they can and documents this information as required.
8. May be certified to perform soldering for rework and repair purposes.
9. Performs functional testing at the Anniston Army Depot test track.
10. Employees in this position serve as the pool for Field Service Representatives when required and/or to travel to customer sites to perform warranty work.
11. Serves as the point of contact/company representative with the customer while on assignment away from the facilities and as such may be called upon to resolve sensitive issues such as scheduling conflicts, use of customer facilities in order to perform the required work, etc.Required Skills and Education 1. Requires a minimum of six months in the Assembly Technician I, Hydraulics job classification, unless prior equivalent documented experience can be provided. (Such as military or depot maintenance experience.)
2. Work requires the level of general educational development equivalent to that normally acquired by completing vocational training in vehicle electrical, hydraulic, and diesel engine troubleshooting.
3. Prefer 1-2 years of related experience in vehicle conversion/maintenance.
4. Requires the ability to read and interpret work instructions, engineering drawings, electrical schematics and diagrams.
5. Inspect work with precision measuring instruments, volt-ohm meters, pressure gages, torque wrenches, etc.
6. Required to successfully pass hands-on tests designed to demonstrate the ability to troubleshoot electrical and diesel engine deficiencies to be awarded this position.
7. Must successfully obtain a BAE Systems and ANAD vehicle driver’s license and demonstrate the ability to safely drive and operate each type of vehicle that is processed.
8. Excellent communication/interpersonal skills are required in order to maintain a good working relationship with the customer here and abroad.About BAE Systems Platforms & Services BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. Platforms & Services designs, develops, produces, supports, maintains, modernizes and upgrades armored combat vehicles, wheeled vehicles, naval guns, surface ship combatants, commercial vessels, missile launchers, artillery systems, military ordnance, and protective wear and armor. Equal Opportunity Employer: Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression