Mechanical Design Engineer II
Location: Holland, MI
Mechanical Design Engineer II (Direct Hire)
WHAT THIS COMPANY OFFERS YOU:
- World leader in the design and manufacture of rotary filling , rinsing, capping and enclosure systems
- Premier manufacturer of ESL equipment
- Serve a growing number of dairy, water, food and beverage, pharmaceutical, and consumer product goods companies around the world
- Family owned and operated since 1956
THE ROLE YOU WILL PLAY: Mechanical Design Engineer II
- Standard benefit package including medical, dental, vision, flex spending accounts, and 401K plan with a match
- Paid Vacation, Sick Time and 7 paid holidays
- 4 Company Picnics a year
BACKGROUND PROFILE: Mechanical Design Engineer II
- Performs in depth investigation into materials, processes and products, as assigned by management.
- Utilizes sound engineering principles to design new products or modify existing ones from information provided by: customer request/feedback, sales/sales engineers, manufacturing personnel or company service team.
- Works with manufacturing to determine the best design to minimize labor and overhead costs.
- Works with other engineering designers to review form, fit and function of product designs by utilizing SolidWorks.
- Develops engineering detail and assembly documentation to support tooling quotations, manufacturing and manufacturing preparation.
- Requests prototypes from outside suppliers, or manufacturing, to be used for engineering performance, concept evaluation and reliability testing.
- Assembles prototype product using power and hand tools. Lifts/moves parts weighing up to 40 pounds during engineering evaluations to determine form, fit and function.
- Initiates and coordinates development programs which will increase cost efficiency resulting in smoother workflow for manufacturing. Including testing and analysis of materials, processes and prototypes.
- Analyzes competitive products by evaluating materials, manufacturing processes, product performance and packaging.
- Contacts and when necessary visits customers, suppliers, and agencies to obtain information relative to existing products, purchased parts, material selections, or manufacturing processes.
- May be asked to travel and provide engineering field support for customer base and/or our dealer/agents, maintaining optimum quality customer service, as required.
- Support customers and Sales Department on project control specifications. Answer engineering customer service telephone calls.
- When QC Department requires additional assistance due to production demands, you will be required to help in that department.
- Bachelor of Science in engineering discipline or equivalent is preferred
- 3-5 years SolidWorks
- 5 years of engineering experience required, packaging industry preferred
- Experience may include machine design, tooling, controls or field maintenance
To apply directly, please send resumes to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]