Location: Tuscaloosa, AL
One of our top clients is seeking a Reliability Engineer at our facility in Tuscaloosa, Alabama. The Reliability Engineer will lead and champion effort to identify and eliminate equipment failures through Preventative Maintenance, Root Cause Problem Elimination, design and application of reliability improvement standards, ongoing training, education and equipment modifications
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Direct and supervise reliability program activities designed to achieve the goals of the plant reliability program.
- Assure predictive and preventative maintenance activities and support the overall reliability program.
- Manage and report KPIs detailing all the managed programs and activities’ execution and efficiency.
- Be a tireless, enthusiastic proponent and champion of equipment reliability and equipment reliability subject matter expert for the plant.
- Work closely with purchasing, stores and engineering to ensure equipment reliability is considered throughout all project phases in facility engineering, equipment procurement and changes, maintenance vendor selection, spare part selection and stocking.
- Develop and adopt standards that improve equipment reliability, including but not limited to areas such as PM, RCPE, equipment procurement, stocked parts, rebuilds by equipment type, installation, and work execution. Continuously work with maintenance and operations to educate, promote and increase adoption rate at the site.
- Review modification, installation drawings and specifications, and recommend what preventative maintenance actions should be used for new installations and modifications.
- Provide technical assistance to the maintenance and operations departments on equipment and reliability issues and technologies.
- Recommend innovative solutions to increase equipment and facility life and to reduce maintenance costs through the analysis of repetitive equipment failures and breakdowns.
- Regularly audit program activities to determine the results of the reliability improvement program, with the objectives of extending equipment life and improving reliability and availability primarily and reducing maintenance and repair cost secondarily.
- Perform Root Cause Problem Elimination for equipment failures.
- Review condition monitoring reports and, when abnormal conditions exist, support recommendation for corrective action.
- Audit the equipment structure list in CMMS and corresponding field labeling to assure all equipment is properly tagged, the data is accurate and suitable to meet the needs of the facility.
- Alert the Maintenance and Operations Manager to situations of equipment and facility abuse and operations practices which induces failures, reduces reliability or increases the equipment maintenance cost.
- Other duties may be assigned
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering
- Advanced knowledge of mechanical and electrical systems, preventive and predictive maintenance systems, and condition monitoring and fixed time maintenance strategies.
- Advanced knowledge of precision alignment and vibration analysis.
- Advanced SAP maintenance planning and scheduling knowledge preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of parts inventory management, and mechanical and electrical equipment design reliability principles.
- Basic knowledge of Statistical Process Control and Six Sigma methodology (DMAIC) preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of Computer Maintenance Management System (SAP) preferred. Experience with SAP and associated functions as the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) preferred.