Customer Service Representative
Location: Mulberry, FL
Badcock is one of the largest privately-owned home furniture retailers in the country. We're proud to say that we've been serving the community and providing employment opportunities for more than a century. There are currently more than 340 Badcock stores in eight states, and our headquarters in Mulberry, Florida, employs more than 1,300 people.
We are always looking for smart and talented people to join our team. Whether you are a seasoned professional or you're just embarking on a new career path, our job opportunities offer growth, advancement and competitive pay and benefits. If you've got the drive, we'd love for you to be part of our family.
W.S. Badcock emloyees enjoy many benefits including:
401K PLAN WITH COMPANY MATCH
COMPANY PAID LIFE INSURANCE
EMPLOYEE DISCOUNT ON FURNITURE, ELECTRONICS AND APPLIANCES
MEDICAL, DENTAL AND VISION CHOICE OF PLANS
ONSITE FITNESS CENTER
PERSONAL AND VACATION PAID TIME OFF
DAYCARE REIMBURSEMENT PLAN
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug Free Workplace
Responsible to provide superior service by assisting our retail stores and their customers in preserving our business relationship to create long-term, loyal customers. Responsible to work with retail stores to create a resolution that is in everyone’s best interest.
- Answer incoming calls to the Call Center pertaining to products and circular items, sales, deliveries, warranty information, store locations, store phone numbers and hours, etc.
- Resolve customer complaints to the satisfaction of both customer and store. Complaints received are in the form of telephone calls, letters, e-mails, and in person.
- Respond to all letters received from the BBB and Consumer Affairs regarding customer complaints.
- Respond to questions from both Dealer and Corporate stores concerning customer accounts, inventory availability issues as well as STOREnet and ARMS application support questions.
- Research Merchandising questions concerning the catalog and advertisements to support the STOREnet point-of-sale system and Badcock customers.
- Assist the Customer Service, Technical and Account Management teams with the following as assigned:
Triage incoming calls and dispatch work orders to the appropriate Queue.
Perform selected adjustments to customer accounts.
- Maintain accurate call records of all Call Center activities.
- Be helpful, courteous, and friendly to all those who make contact with the RSS Call Center.
- Adhere to all call center procedures and quality control standards.
- High school diploma. Associate degree a plus.
- One to two years retail customer service experience.
- Basic computer skills in Microsoft Office applications (Word and Excel). Successful completion of STOREnet POS training is required.
- Ability to communicate effectively with Dealers, customers, management and personnel by telephone, or through written communication; assimilate information and make decisions; work under pressure in a detailed, organized, and professional manner.
- Ability to sit for long periods of time, speak, and type (computer / analysis work, etc.)
- Strong customer service, professional telephone etiquette, problem solving and decision making abilities.
- Expected to cross train with other functional areas of the RSS department including Technical Support and Account Management.
- Effective time management skills and the ability to multi-task.