Location: Las Vegas, NV
The Media Director will be responsible for managing end-to-end planning, research, development, execution and reporting of all tactical media plans for traditional media placement: TV, cable, radio, print and out-of-home. Develops media objectives and strategies, and manages the internal media team initiating and maintaining the execution of the plan details.
The Media Director must possess and demonstrate expertise in evaluating, negotiating, planning and purchasing all forms of traditional media, as well as buying digital media, streaming media and other emerging media technologies. The Director will serve as the team leader, managing the development and training of the media team.
The Media Director will also directly supervise the Public Relations department for San Manuel Casino. This includes strategically developing and implementing PR initiatives with the PR team, such as but not limited to editorial calendars, press kits, press release, media alerts, media tours, media training, press interviews, and crisis management needs.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Manages research, development and implementation of world-class data-driven media plans in accordance with company directives.
- Determines media objectives, media plan budget, flight schedules, identify target audience reach and frequency goals.
- Conducts competitive analysis, estimated budget, media selection, and timing of media delivery.
- Oversees demographic, lifestyle, quantitative, and similar research to identify target audiences and make recommendations.
- Analyzes media habits of target audience and recommends media selections and rationale; provides innovative media solutions.
- Determines media strategy; identifies media types, recommended day-parts and program types, including general timing of media delivery and sustaining weight.
- Oversees the preparation of media plan flowcharts, expected reach and frequency delivery.
- Verifies post-buy evaluation; makes adjustments as needed; secures “make-good” weight.
- Oversees and manages media markets by identifying, researching, and evaluating market trends, new market opportunities, and competitive activity.
- Evaluates media negotiations, media costs, bonus weight, promotions. Analyzes cost efficiencies and ensures established CPP/CPM goals are met or exceeded; identifies variances through CPP/CPM comparisons.
- Manages annual media budget, allocates budget, oversees the negotiation of contracts, explores pricing and service alternatives, develops cost calculations and budget forecasting.
- Oversees the preparation of internal PR and external PR agency work, including but not limited to press releases, press kits, media tours, interviews with company personnel, on and offsite PR-related events, new pitch ideas and earned media reporting.
- Collaborates with Office of Public Affairs leaders on PR and marketing related projects as needed.
- Collaborates with marketing leaders and internal creative personnel to ensure media plans enhances the brand identity.
- Builds and maintains company business relationship networks by meeting with advertising representatives, sales managers, and owners.
- Prepares monthly and quarterly recap reports.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
This position is responsible for managing the work of the Media team. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning reviewing and directing work; evaluating and appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in advertising, business, marketing or analytical field required.
- Minimum of seven (7) years in a media leadership role, coaching, and directing others in a media department required.
- Minimum ten (10) years of experience working in the media strategy, planning and buying fields preferred.
- Experience in all forms of traditional and emerging media, including but not limited to: TV and cable including digital platforms, terrestrial and digital radio, print and online versions, and out-of-home static and digital units.
- Experience planning comprehensive, strategic media plans including financial, and target audience KPIs.
- Experience evaluating media campaigns including attribution reporting.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Suite: Outlook, Word, Excel and Power Point.
- Advanced proficiency in industry ratings data, media buying software, and other research platforms.
- Strong skills with qualitative and quantitative research and the ability to synthesize and analyze data in order to draw conclusions and identify trends.
- Presentation skills to effectively communicate and update status with all levels of management.
- Ability to rely on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected and proficiency with a wide variety of industry standard concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Strong negotiating skills are required.
- Willingness to expand knowledge base to stay abreast of current trends and emerging technologies.
- At the discretion of the San Manuel Tribal Gaming Commission you may be required to obtain and maintain a gaming license.
- A qualified candidate/employee must have a valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record as determined by the company’s insurance carrier.
San Manuel Band of Mission Indians and San Manuel Casino will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.