Location: Dothan, AL
Lennar Corporation is holding a Hiring Event in Miami FL, for Network Operations Engineer on November 14th and 15th. These are full time, direct hire positions. After a phone screen interview, qualified candidates will be invited to interview directly with Lennar’s hiring managers and HR on the Hiring Event day in Miami.
Lennar is the leading builder of quality new homes in the most desirable real estate markets across the nation. Our home plans demonstrate our commitment to our customers by showcasing outstanding new home construction and a dedication to excellence in homebuilding.
As a Network Operations Engineer you will partner with Network Managers to lead, maintain and optimize a large enterprise network. The infrastructure consists of a mix of network switches, routers, wireless access points, firewalls, load balancers and cloud network/application services. So if you are looking for an exciting new opportunity, with a progressive fortune 500 company, we would like to speak to you. Please apply!
- Tasked with the day-to-day operation of Lennar network infrastructure and would play a supporting role for larger projects, such as expansions and capacity upgrades. In addition, this role will focus on process improvement, operational excellence, design/architecture, R&D, and standardization, etc.
- Function in a customer-facing role and therefore expected to be approachable and service minded.
- Provide Tier 3 engineering support during critical operational incidents as necessary.
- Support the architecture team during the transition into production.
- Maintains current network infrastructure and leverages the manufacturer for advanced support.
- Maintain high network availability for redundancy and resilience.
- Understands and accounts for peak load; manages peak load events.
- Follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for operational efficiency.
- Optimizes, implements and monitors network performance.
- Maintain and reacts to Enterprise-grade network monitoring system.
- Assists in the deployment of network equipment for new office build outs, domestically and internationally.
- Assists in the deployment of WAN circuits, including MPLS VPN’s and P2P/IPsec circuits.
- Supports the LAN and WLAN infrastructure for campus and remote office locations, in a primarily Microsoft and Cisco environment.
- Manage the enterprise firewalls, administering the filters and rules for network access.
- Review and audit router ACL’s for user access.
- Assist with security audits of the network system and improves the security posture.
- Manages the wireless infrastructure, from implementation and optimization to daily operational support.
- Tests disaster recovery setups both on a global and on a site-by-site basis.
- Support and resolve PCI and SOX compliance regulations as related to the Lennar global network.
- Will use project lifecycle methodology including the creation of project plans, charters, budgetary estimates, and network documentation. Recommend and lead changes to project methodology as appropriate.
- Coordinate other technical and PM resources to deliver solutions that follow best-practice standards.
- Participate in strategic planning process and assist with managing strategic vendor relations.
- Participate in team initiatives with other engineers for new technology introductions / deployments, and establishing standard architectures that align with best practice principles
- Provide and update training materials and documentation.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, and Mathematics or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience in operations, influencing technology selection and projects.
- Minimum 5+ year’s proven experience in large global enterprise network environment.
- Experience supporting routing protocols, including BGP, OSPF & EIGRP.
- Must be self-motivated with strong interpersonal, communication, presentation, and organizational skills.
- Minimum 5+ years of technical operations experience a plus.
- The ability to work and team effectively with clients, management, and staff members in a multi-tiered, fast-paced environment.
- Experience working in previous network operations and implementation role desired.
- Ability to translate technical recommendations into a visual format for presentation to non-technical stakeholders.
- Significant experience with maintaining a campus and global network infrastructure.
- Fluency with Cisco wireless, network switches, routers, and firewalls.
- Fluency with advanced networking: Ethernet, TCP/IP, HTTP, SMTP, NTP, QoS, SNMP, ACS/TACACS.
- Knowledge of VoIP and Video protocols: SIP, MPEG4, H.264.
- Proficient knowledge of protocol analyzers (e.g. wireshark).
- Knowledge of routing protocols, including BGP, OSPF & EIGRP.
- Ability to support IP camera systems and infrastructure.
- Customer-oriented mindset and willingness to engage.
- Ability to solve complex problems by successive decomposition.
- Ability to juggle multiple responsibilities; understanding of prioritization.
- Knowledge of telephony concepts as they apply to networking.
- CCNA or CCDA certification(s) required.
- CCNP or CCIE highly desired.
- Troubleshooting experience and understanding of Riverbed and F5 products.
- Knowledge of IP fundamentals and IPv6.
- Must demonstrate in-depth understanding of the OSI model.
- Demonstrable knowledge in the design, implementation, troubleshooting and operations of data center technologies.
- Firm grasp understanding of operating systems, virtualization, and network services for cloud enablement, and security.
- Extensive knowledge of networking across LAN and WAN interfaces and variety of routers and switches.
- Consistently able to solve connectivity problems to increase bandwidth, improve response times, maximize performance, and support global operations.
- Extensive skills in WAN related architectures and technologies important to enterprises, such as MPLS, IPsec and emerging technologies.
- Thorough knowledge of VoIP related standards and principles required, with proven troubleshooting experience.
- Capable of supporting and troubleshooting WLAN networks for guest, untrusted and private connections.
- Experience and / or certifications in Project Management (PMI) a plus