Location: Dothan, AL
Name: Sherry Karr
Lennar Corporation is holding a Hiring Event in Miami FL, for Java Software Engineers on November 14th and 15th. These are full time, direct hire positions. After a phone screen interview, qualified candidates will be invited to interview directly with Lennar’s hiring managers and HR on the Hiring Event day in Miami.
Lennar is the leading builder of quality new homes in the most desirable real estate markets across the nation. Our home plans demonstrate our commitment to our customers by showcasing outstanding new home construction and a dedication to excellence in homebuilding.
As a .NET Software Engineer, you will report directly to the Manager of Application Development and be responsible for planning, developing, testing and documenting computer programs, so if you are looking for an exciting new opportunity, with a progressive Fortune 500 company, we would like to speak to you. Please apply!
- Responsible for developing and supporting web and thick client based applications.
- Develops specifications to detail what new systems or enhancements to existing systems can accomplish.
- Design and architect software solutions as needed.
- Ability to work with Enterprise Architects to achieve optimal solution.
- Develops specifications for databases, communication systems, and software configurations.
- Serves as liaison with users concerning requests, usage, standards, security, and other developmental and production matters.
- Develops detailed systems operations designs.
- Unit test programs and systems and integrates system modules.
- Converts and implements new systems or upgrades existing systems.
- Develops cost and level of effort estimates for systems development and upgrades to existing systems.
- Evaluates, implements, and provides customer support for third-party software systems in a client server environment.
- Provides technical insight and assistants to Programmer/Analysts and Programmers.
- Work as an individual contributor or as a lead for a development team.
- Contribute to code reviews, design reviews, and development process improvement.
- Experience working with offshore developers or QA resources is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree OR 6+ years in the IT field is required.
- 5 plus years Java web development.
- Or 3 plus years of Angular experience.
- .NET, HTML 5, SQL, Web Services, Messaging, API, SOAP and Rest experience.
- Ability to write code and unit test your work.
- Ability to work within a team.
- Experience with SAAS, IAAS/PAAS a plus.
- Experience with AWS or Azure a plus.
- Experience with version control software (GitHub or TFS).
- Experience in Homebuilding a plus.
- Arrive to work on time follow directions from a Supervisor.
- Work independently of daily supervision.
- Interact well with co-workers and associates at all company levels.