Phlebotomy Technician - Phoenix, AZ
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Pay: $13.00 - $16.00 /Hour
Name: Kalyn Byers
Concentric Healthcare is looking for experienced Phlebotomy Technicians for temp to hire positions at various hospitals in the Phoenix area.
- Perform a variety of routine blood drawing procedures using standard equipment, including vaccutainer tubes and sleeves, tourniquets, syringes and butterfly needles.
- Work with patient to obtain information for laboratory records, explain procedures, allay fears and elicit cooperation.
- Utilize standard procedures for the maintenance of positive patient identification; record appropriate collection information on proper requisitions.
- Prepare, process, label and store patient specimens and samples using standard techniques and equipment, for subsequent analysis by Clinical Laboratory staff.
- Provide technical guidance to Phlebotomy students assigned to work area.
- Maintain inventory of supplies; reorder as required; stock supplies on carts and hand trays.
- Diploma from a phlebotomy program - certificate from training does not suffice
- National certification a plus - ASCP, AMT, NCCT
- At least one year of paid experience as a phlebotomist, ending within the past 6 months
- Current BLS/Healthcare Provider status as per American Heart Association standards