Automotive Technician / Automotive Mechanic / Master Level Tech
Location: Dover, DE
Be a part of one of the most important teams in the dealership - The service department! As a Master-Level Automotive Technician (Automotive Mechanic) you will quickly and efficiently perform routine maintenance and identify the cause of breakdowns and repair them using the most optimal solutions. State-of-the-art equipment and career advancement, it’s all here for an Automotive Technician at your Chrysler Dealership!
- Confer with customers or service advisors to obtain descriptions of vehicle problems, and to discuss work to be performed and future repair requirements.
- Test-drive vehicles, and test components and systems, using diagnostic tools and special service equipment.
- Perform quality inspections of vehicle repairs prior to returning the vehicle to the customer
- Diagnose, maintain, and repair vehicle automotive systems including engine, transmission, electrical, steering, suspension, braking, air conditioning, etc
- Communicate directly with the service advisor so that customers can be informed if any additional service is needed. Providing an estimate of time needed for additional repairs.
- Execute repairs under warranty to manufacturer specifications.
As a Master Level Automotive Technician (Automotive Mechanic), you will be experienced and aware of the latest automotive technologies and be a persistent problem solver. We have determined some factors that may enable your success as an Automotive Technician:
- Chrysler (or any other major franchise) Certification highy preferred
- Must have at least 5 years of experience as an automotive technician
- 5 National Institute of Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) certifications (all 8 preferred)
- Must have some level of instructor led automotive training (e.g. high school automotive, vocational, college, technical school, OEM, etc.)
- Team oriented, flexible and focused on maintaining a high level of customer service
- Must have working knowledge of shop equipment such as wheel and tire equipment, alignment system, diagnostic equipment, AC equipment, etc.)
- Must have a valid driver’s license
Start your career as an automotive technician for Chrysler today. Apply Now!