Facility Maintenance Technician
Location: Long Beach, CA
Pay: $51,816.00 - $55,140.00 /Year
Name: Debra Gammage
Under the general supervision of the Facility Maintenance Supervisor, the Facility Maintenance Technician independently performs a wide variety of semi-skilled and basic skilled generalist work across multiple trades. The incumbent has basic knowledge of theories, codes and general trade practices in applicable trade areas. Performs general maintenance, repairs, and renovation of the University Student Union and Student Recreation and Wellness Center.
- Under general supervision, troubleshoots, repairs and modifies electrical circuits, panels, lighting controls and receptacles, including new branch circuits and use of diagnostic circuit tracing equipment.
- Repair ceramic tile floor surfaces, wet saws replacement tiles, includes diamond grinding of deck, and under supervisor’s direction install custom resilient joints.
- Assists supervisor with management of key system documentation. Re-Keys door locksets and cuts keys. Replaces floor, door and header mounted hydraulic door closers and repairs related door hardware such as panic hardware, latching mechanisms, and aligns doors.
- Performs periodic maintenance on HVAC fan coil units and air handlers, changes filters, replaces servos and sensors, lubricate machinery and replaces belts. Utilizes the energy management computer to monitor and adjust settings to accommodate building needs.
- Repairs wall and masonry surfaces, patches, caulks, primes and paints a variety of surfaces.
- Performs general maintenance of the swimming pool, deck area and other related equipment.
- Inspects automotive equipment, scheduling needed repair or service work. Procures state required certificates of title and arranges for registrations and state inspections. Coordinates operation and storage of vehicles. Assigns vehicles for use by authorized personnel.
- Repairs, maintains Brunswick bowling machines, lanes, and other games area equipment.
- Performs general repairs and routine maintenance as assigned by supervisor and reports special problems and conditions to the supervisor for needs assessment.
Education and Experience
High school diploma or equivalent; and three years of hands-on experience in general facilities and systems maintenance and repair, or comparable experience as a trades assistant or laborer with demonstrated proficiency in the required duties or equivalent combination of formal course work in mechanical technology and hands-on experience. Two or more years of experience as journey-level crafts worker in one or more applicable mechanical or related trades is preferred.