Location: Florence, AL
Pay: $75,000.00 - $95,000.00 /Year
Name: Rusty Kubis
Manufacturing Engineer (Direct Hire)
Description for Manufacturing Engineer:
Seeking a Manufacturing Engineer to join the team in Florence, Alabama. This position reports directly to the Engineering Manager and will be responsible for planning, designing, and implementing safe, repeatable manufacturing processes. This position will work in collaboration with the operations team to ensure that a quality product is delivered to the customers safely and on time.
Responsibilities for Manufacturing Engineer:
- Evaluates manufacturing processes by designing and conducting current research methods; apply knowledge of process design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials; also able to confer with equipment vendors; solicit observations from operators and develop standard work instructions.
- Develops manufacturing processes by studying product requirements; researching, designing, modifying, and testing manufacturing methods and equipment; conferring with equipment vendors.
- Improves manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning work flow, space requirements, and equipment layout.
- Assures product and process quality by designing testing methods; testing finished- product and process capabilities; establishing standards; confirming manufacturing processes.
- Provides manufacturing decision-making information by calculating production, labor, and material costs; reviewing production schedules; estimating future requirements.
- Prepares product and process reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends. .
- Provides manufacturing engineering information by answering questions and requests.
- Maintains product and company reputation by complying with government regulations including safety.
- Keeps equipment operational by coordinating maintenance and repair services; following manufacturer's instructions and established procedures; requesting special service.
- Maintains product and process data base by using excel spreadsheet programs; entering data.
- Completes design and development projects by training and guiding technicians.
- Understands project management and knows how to develop a Gantt chart timeline and is able to develop a “Scope of Work”.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Dealing with Complexity, Informing Others, Leadership, Supervision, Hardware Specifications, Manufacturing Methods and Procedures, Project Management, Manufacturing Quality, Presenting Technical Information, CAD, Circuit Design, PLC Knowledge.
Requirements for Manufacturing Engineer:
- Engineering degree required
- 3-5 years’ experience as a process engineer in manufacturing environment required
- Proven track-record using World Class Manufacturing, Six Sigma, or lean tools to streamline processes; optimize production and/or quality of products
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and multitask
- Team oriented, self-motivated and innovative
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Willingness to work closely with production operators and “live” the processes for which responsible.