Physician Assistant (Acute Pain) Openings in Maryland!!!
Location: Richmond, VA
Name: R. Sorrells
Phone: 800-852-5678 Ext: 113
Fax: 513-984-4909 ATTN: REGINA
Sterling Medical has job openings for a Physician Assistant (Acute Pain) at the Walter Reed Medical Center in Maryland.
The Physician Assistant will provide services to the medical staff, support staff, inpatients and outpatients for the Pain Service located within the Anesthesia Department. Occasionally, the HCP may need to provide services at one of the other anesthesia sites within the National Capital Region (NCR) as needed for the Integrated Anesthesia Department to meet its anesthesia mission.
Education: Education Graduate of a Physician Assistant Training Program accredited by the Accreditation Review Commission on Education for the Physician Assistant (ARC-PA), or its predecessors as long as the license has been maintained uninterrupted.
(1) Certification: Be board certified as a Physician Assistant by the National Committee on Certification Physician Assistants (NCCPA)
(2) Must have or obtain a current, valid Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) registration number prior to performing the contract services. Any change to the DEA requirements to obtain a valid DEA registration number is applicable when the incumbent's existing DEA registration expires. Personal services contractors must have and maintain a current, active, valid, unrestricted state license to practice medicine in one of the 50 states in the United States, or the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, Guam, or the U.S. Virgin Islands, as required to obtain or renew a DEA registration number under the then-effective DEA rules. In this case, a Maryland state license is required.
(3) Possess Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR); Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) and Pediatric Advance Life Support (PAL) certifications.
(4) Licensure: Possess a valid, unrestricted, PA license in at least one state, territory or commonwealth of the United States.
(5) Pursue Continued Medical Education (CME); developing ‘self’ on an ongoing basis.
Have minimum of one (1) year of full-time inpatient/outpatient experience within the last three (3) years in a setting corresponding to the requirements of this contract.
Have prior experience in evaluating and treating patients with chronic pain conditions.
Have experience in using pain clinical practice guidelines to provide pain care to patients with acute and chronic pain.
Have experience in working in a multidisciplinary environment with a focus on optimizing pain management in patients with chronic pain from multi-trauma events, including those with traumatic brain injury (TBI).
Have experience in developing educational modules for Nurse Practitioners, Registered Nurses, patients, and
Have experience in leading disease management sessions to help patients cope with chronic pain or other chronic diseases.
Possess exemplary customer service and communication skills; communicating efficiently with interdisciplinary team.
Possess proficiency with Microsoft Office, electronic health records (EHR); knowledge of computer operations and proficiency in the use of basic word processing and data entry.
Shall be able to read, write, speak and understand English well enough to effectively communicate with all patients and other health care providers.
Possess knowledge of a wide range of medical disorders/conditions, diagnostic studies and treatments related to prevention, and treatment of Chronic and Acute Pain.
Fax #: 513-984-4909 ATTN: REGINA
E-Mail to: [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]