Housing Management Representative
Location: Harrisburg, PA
Pay: $36,080.00 - $67,770.00 /Year
Name: Raymond Carey
The Housing Management Representative I will be responsible for monitoring compliance of a specific portfolio of properties financed by the Agency. The HMR I must be thoroughly familiar with all applicable program rules, regulations, and requirements pertaining to the management and compliance of the HUD Section 8 Program, the HOME Investment Partnership Program (HOME), the Federal Low-Income Housing Tax Credit programs and other programs as they arise. Duties to include the following:
- Review, approve, and ensure continued compliance with each property’s Management Plan, Affirmative Fair Housing and Marketing Plan (AFHMP), Resident Selection Plan, Income and Rent Restrictions, Set-Asides, Fair Housing Procedures, Indenture of Restrictive Covenants, Regulatory Agreements, other applicable funding documents, and all program funding guides (i.e.. HUD 4350.3 etc.).
- Ensure Accessible Unit Policy is being administered. Track accessible units and ensure that the property is attempting to fill them with people who need the features.
- Schedule and conduct management reviews with Owner, Agent, and on-site staff per the Housing Management Internal Operations Manual.
- Participate in the Proposed Development application process per the Internal Operations manual. In conjunction with appropriate Agency staff, schedule and conduct rent-up meetings with owner, agent, and on-site staff for new properties coming on-line.
- Review all applicable legal documents for new developments prior to commitment and for all changes in Management Agent. Provide applicable program specific rents.
- Review and approve staffing, salaries, and rents on the annual budgets per the Internal Operations Manual.
- Participate in one or more Housing Management Workgroups, as assigned.
- Attend trainings, conduct customer trainings, and represent the Agency at industry events, as requested.
- Coordinate sessions for the Multifamily Affordable Housing Conference as assigned.
- Keep informed of all new HUD and LIHTC program requirements by subscribing to pertinent listservs.
- Handle all property complaints for assigned portfolio or as assigned by Senior Management Representative or Manager of Project Operations.
- Review and approve PennHOMES annual reports and conduct follow-up as needed.
- Complete and submit Quarterly Occupancy and Rent-up Reports as necessary.
- Inform the Senior Housing Management Representative and the Manager of Project Operations on matters pertaining to the operation and management of assigned portfolio on a consistent basis.
- Complete any special assignments as may be requested by the Senior Housing Management Representative, the Manager of Project Operations, or the Director of Housing Management.
- Follow all policies and procedures per the PHFA Internal Operations Manual.
- Maintaining a daily physical presence at the office is required to collaborate with team members.
- College graduate with degree from accredited academic institution. Three or more years relevant work experience in related field may be substituted.
- Ability to plan and organize and complete work assignments within set deadlines.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing, including effectively communicating with internal staff and external customers.
- Ability to work well with supervisors, partners and coworkers.
- Thorough knowledge of all Section 8, HOME, and LIHTC program requirements.
- Ability to work alone and in teams.
- Familiarity working with the AS400 and Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Outlook and PowerPoint.