Unemployment Insurance Project Manager
Location: Harrisburg, PA
Name: Emily Johnson
Phone: (727) 786-7955
You must have a PMP and government/uemployment insurance experience to be considered for this position.
Job Summary: Provide business analysis information and best practices for UI Modernization projects; serve as onsite Project Manager at designated client locations; consult with team members such as project managers, business analysts, and other internal resources to develop and implement a variety of solutions within the Employer’s internal project deliverables schedule; attend UI conferences and events as needed as a representative of the Company; review proposal response deliverables and provide guidance and assistance on proposal preparation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
● Participate as part of the architecture and design team organized to evaluate new and existing business systems and requirements, then architect a new integrated solution to support them
● Extensive management and technical expertise in unemployment insurance (UI) tax and benefits account registrations, adjudication, tax rate and benefit charge assignments, state and federal audits, investigations, collections, and training.
● Excellent communication skills – ability to translate technical concepts in a format that is understandable and relevant to all stakeholders.
● Proficient at facilitating and mediating business process reengineering. Effectively evaluate and develop joint solutions to improve programs.
● Set standards for physical and logical database schema and table design
● Analyze business and user needs, document requirements and translate both into proper specifications for each project.
● Collaborate with clients, business leaders, and internal software architects and development teams to ensure that the direction, scope and dependencies are identified and documented.
● Possess strong knowledge of both project management and the software development lifecycle (SDLC) of large-scale development projects.
● Translate business requirements into concise system requirements for use by the software architects and development teams.
● Extensive understanding of multiple functional areas related to complex projects and the ability to identify and quantify business process improvements along with system improvements through the use of technology is critical.
● Foster productive communication between technical and non-technical audiences to ensure that technology solutions fulfill the business needs. Responsibilities include
● Identify, document and diagram business requirements and processes.
● Knowledge of project management methodologies and practices.
● Manage and deliver functional integration projects, developments and deliverability advice.
● Management of customer relationships by providing insight and support of UI functional aspects of project integration both new and ongoing.
● Assess functional requirements and clearly communicate specifications for system development, design, and implementation.
● Attend customer meetings to provide functional insight and expertise and potential integration options/solutions.
● Ensure functional procedures, documentation and standard polies are in place or easily referenced for regular review.
● Perform all level of tasks such as gap analysis, data conversion mapping and integration; business requirements development and review, and user acceptance script writing and testing.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
● Ability to write design specifications outlining needs to support the Company’s Virtual OneStop, Unemployment and ReEmployment products, in support Department of Labor Employment and Training programs.
● MS SQL server (2000/2005/2008) and query knowledge is essential
● Testing of applications written to the design specifications written.
● Ability to track data through the database as it relates to the application and when required federal reporting requirements
● A solid knowledge of Department of Labor Employment and Training programs is desired, to include one or more of the following examples Wagner-Peyser, Workforce Investment Act, Trade Adjustment Assistance
● Possess a general understanding of application programming, database and system design
● Understanding of Internet, Intranet, Extranet and client/server architectures
● Ability to analyze system requirements relative to the base software functionality and configuration
Must have PMP
Must have Unemployment Insurance or Government experience