Location: Huntsville, AL
Pay: $80,000.00 - $100,000.00 /Year
Name: Patrick Hinds
The Welding Engineer: Will Provide weld capability and feasibility support, provide tooling and capital purchasing support for manufacturing, sales teams and product development.
Essential Job Functions include, but not limited to, the following:
● Design concept welding equipment.
● Build manufacturing welding equipment that meets product feasibility.
● Support sales engineering team with quoting that lowers the manufacturing cost, meets quoted cycle times, efficiency, quality, and stays within budget plus delivered on time.
● Support manufacturing for continuous improvement, lessons learned, issues on the floor, new launches, engineering changes or quality issues.
● Review designs for manufacturing feasibility, suggest changes to the design to ensure product cost effectiveness.
● Read and interpret CAD data, blueprints, GD&T, CMM reports, customer weld specifications.
● Set weld standards/parameters for new products and follow up with weld testing to meet or exceed customer specifications.
● Apply and utilize manufacturing best practice for efficiency, quality, safety and capability.
● Robot programming to support all facilities and suppliers during the build process.
● Maintain good working relationships with vendors, team members, suppliers and project teams.
● Additional functions not outlined in this position description as directed by the leader.
Position Experience Requirements:
● Bachelors Degree of Science in Electrical Engineering, Automated Welding, Welding Engineering Technologies, Mechanical Engineering, Metallurgy or Related Field.
● 2+ years experience in Robotics, Mig, Arc, Tig, Plasma or resistance welding required.
● Plasma cutting, Laser cutting is a plus.
● Familiar with weld verification methods, weld testing methodology, measuring devices.
● CAD software preferred.
● Experience with Microsoft Applications (e.g. Word, Excel, Outlook, etc).