Automotive Technician / Automotive Mechanic / General Line
Location: Sherwood, AR, AR
Name: Apply Via CareerBuilder
AUTOMOTIVE TECHNICIAN / AUTOMOTIVE MECHANICS / GENERAL LINE
Frank Fletcher Dodge Chrysler Jeep in Sherwood is currently seeking experienced transmission technicians!
Our Commitment To You
- Great pay!
- Full medical benefits!
- Paid vacation and paid birthdays off!
Automotive Technician Job Description
- Automotive Technicians are a part of one of the most important teams in the dealership - The service department!
- Automotive Technicians quickly and efficiently perform routine maintenance and identify the cause of breakdowns and repair them using the most optimal solutions.
- Automotive Technicians in our service department can expect a clean, safe and state-of-the-art environment to work in.
The jobs are challenging and extensive training is available to those who are career-focused!
- Perform work specified on maintenance and repair orders with efficiency and in accordance with dealership and/or Mopar standards
- Diagnose and repair vehicle automotive systems including engine, transmission, electrical, steering, suspension, braking, air conditioning, etc. to specification
- Provide labor and time estimates for additional automotive repairs
- Explain mechanical diagnoses and required repairs in a non-technical manner to service advisors and customers
- Continuously learn new technical information and techniques in formal training sessions in order to stay abreast with rapidly changing technology.
- Inspect and test new vehicles and recording findings so that necessary repairs can be made.
As a General Line Automotive Technician (Automotive Mechanic), you will be experienced and aware of the latest automotive technologies and be a persistent problem solver. We have determined some factors that may enable your success as an Automotive Technician:
- 1-2 years of experience as an automotive technician (automotive mechanic)
- Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) certifications preferred, but not required
- Hold a valid driver’s license
- Team oriented, flexible and focused on maintaining a high level of customer service
- Working knowledge of shop equipment such as wheel and tire equipment, alignment system, diagnostic equipment, AC equipment, etc.)
Whether you're a seasoned mechanic or a recent technical school graduate, the opportunity to further your career is here at Frank Fletcher!