Location: Fresno, CA
Name: Sandy Rongstad
Vallarta Supermarkets is a rapidly growing company looking to find people who thrive in a customer-focused environment. We are a family-owned business with the aim of offering our customers the best customer service and quality in the industry.
Produce Supervisor Position Summary:
The Produce Supervisor must be able to teach, train and guide all produce management to understand the importance and success of having each one of them becoming better teachers; to better manage their teams; to set goals and measure the progress and achievements of their employees; To excel in managing all aspect of their department through constant training.
Essential Job Functions:
- Produce Supervisor will be will be required to have all produce departments meet, or exceed company standards for quality, rotation, planning, cleanliness of all aspects of department, including backrooms, cooler, sales floor, etc. This, while raising our standards for customer service throughout the departments.
- Must have the ability to effectively organize and train the produce management teams to better understand all P&L numbers relating to their department and how to move those numbers. To have each manager take full responsibility for safety and manage this responsibility successfully.
- Expected to have the leadership skills to train and guide each member of the produce management team to understand all aspects of the produce department; to prioritize their work loads, to maximize sales, margins, while controlling labor and minimizing shrink.
- Evaluate the necessary training requirements and workloads within each department: This process to ensure that all departments are fully staffed with quality trained personnel. To be able to continue with company growth plans with no negative affect on existing stores.
- Understand and practice the concept of one team; with each department and management team to understand and practice this concept, focused on improving company performance regardless of the hardship on any one department.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- Knowledge of Store Produce processes
- Knowledge and experience with store produce ordering
- Analytical skills to monitor and react to trends
- Strong communicator
- Good collaborator
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Fluency in English and Spanish
Desired Previous Job Experience:
- Experience in retail operations, including stores and distribution centers
- 3 years’ minimum experience in retail grocery industry
- 2- 3 years minimum as a Produce Supervisor
Ability and experience supervising and directing work and efforts of other Team Members