Construction - Assistant Project Manager
Location: Marlton, NJ, NJ
Prestige Building Company/The Michaels Organization presently has a full time position available for an Assistant Project Manager. This position is located in our Corporate Office in Marlton, NJ 08053
The Assistant Project Manager will assist the Project Management (PM) Team, with management of multiple development/construction projects.
Management topics to include; Design Management, safety, quality, schedule, cost control, contracts, General Contractor (GC), Owner Vendors (OVs), procurement, proposals, payment tracking, estimates, documentation turnover, client/developer relations/coordination, property management relations/coordination, and other duties required to manage construction/development projects.
Position Duties & Responsibilities:
• Assist with the Project setup, Design Management, Preconstruction, Construction, and Post Construction tasks that fall within the duties of the PM Team.
• Assist with certain identified pre-development tasks, as well as, other tasks through Design Development phase.
• Assist with the development and review of internal and external reports including: project budgeting, project cash flow forecast, GC pay application tracking, and project status report.
• Assist with negotiating, approving and executing prime GC contract, vendor contracts, and change orders
• Assist with the review and implementation of multiple project specifications, drawing releases and design changes, including all project specific governmental agencies or municipal agency project requirements
• Assist with internal and external project risk reviews and communicating project status, with regard to risks, schedule, and costs to all stakeholders
• Assist with the implementation of the Project Development Task Responsibilities Checklist, for each specific project
• Assist with the GC bid process and prepare detailed scope of work documents for OVs contracts, including prequalifying and selecting GC and OVs
• Assist with the Prime Contract, Subcontractor, and Supplier invoicing process
• Adhere to project documentation and filing systems
• Assist with securing applicable project permits
• Assist with oversight of Safety & Health performance of the GC and OVs
• Participate in project safety, quality, progress and financial audits and assessments as required
• Assist with the GC change order management process and delay claims
• Attend and participate in project and corporate meetings as needed. Generate Meeting Minutes
• Assist with the project turnover documentation, recordkeeping/retention, warranty administration and project closeout.
• Assist with compliance of company policies in all project aspects • All other duties as assigned.
• BS required, or Project Management experience in lieu of degree
• This position requires a minimum of a four (4) year bachelor’s degree from an accredited higher education institution and two (2) years of related experience OR a minimum of six (6) years project management experience in the construction industry.
• Candidate must be proficient with operating computer software. Software includes but is not limited to Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Access), document control, scheduling (Primavera/MS Project/Other), cost control, and project management software.
• Up to 20% overnight travel may be required.
• Occasional visits to a project construction site