Prestress Construction Worker
Location: Spartanburg, SC
Pay: $14.85 /Hour
Name: Christie Kornahrens
Ambassador Personnel in Spartanburg is looking for construction workers for a company located on the west side of Spartanburg!
Summary of Primary Functions: Places steel, strand, and concrete in bed as necessary for the production of a concrete member. Strips and cleans bed for next pour.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- All employees are required to follow all safety and quality rules and processes to ensure a safe working environment, and the production of high quality products.
- Receives instructions, rolls torches, steel and tool buggies to bed and unloads.
- Uncovers bed, removes, sided forms if applicable, detentions' bed, removes bulkheads, removes blockouts and cut backs with railroad bar, cleans and oils bed.
- Lays out rebar, plates, loops, channel, and insulations, etc.
- Pulls strand, threading bulkheads, blockouts, frames and dead man, and cuts strand with grinder and places chucks on both ends.
- Places and ties rebar, loops, stem and flange wire, chair flange wire, and places form and side plates.
- Prepares for pour-blows out bed with air hose and receives pouring tools.
- Receives concrete, hooks up air hoses, spreads and vibrates concrete with spud vibrator, vibra trak, or vibrating screed.
- Places insulation and C ties in bed, if applicable, scrapes rails, sweeps up excess concrete around bed, collects all tools and materials, and puts them away in tool chest or returns to warehouse.
- Clean up around beds after members are stripped and dispose of trash, scrap wood, etc.
- Perform miscellaneous duties as directed by supervisor.
Job Specifications or Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or GED; or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, and diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions.
- The employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and vibration.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Ambassador is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other attribute protected by law.