Location: Columbus, GA
DMK Development Group is a leading developer and general contractor of some of the nation’s most progressive and luxurious Senior Living Communities. We are seeking an Assistant Superintendent to grow with our Operations team in Columbus, GA.
Job Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Management- Effectively monitor/coordinate subcontractors in their daily task. Work closely with assigned PM to ensure overall project success.
· Safety- Ensure jobsite activities are consistent with OSHA Guidelines
· Procore project management software- effective use/implementation including but not limited to:
· QA/QC Process- Use of inspections tool
· Daily Logs
· Drawings & Specifications
· Photos- Record & track progress
· Punchlist- Effective use for closeout
· Jobsite Coordination meetings- Conduct and effectively lead progress meetings using the weekly work plan and Lean construction tools.
· Contracting- Familiarization of the contractor scope of work and assistance with vetting change order requests.
· Inspections- Lead and coordinate all inspections and approvals as needed throughout the project.
· Jobsite logistics- Maintain job site appearance, organization, and clean-up.
· Travel- Superintendent will be required to be onsite when work is occurring.
· 5+ years of experience supervising crews involved in the Senior Housing or Multi-Family Residential sector of commercial construction.
· Demonstrate an extensive knowledge of construction safety and represents strong safety values.
· Must be able to read and interpret construction plans and specifications.
· Computer proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word. Comfort and familiarity with iPad usage with Procore is preferred.
· Use effective verbal and written communication skills.
· Utilize strong organizational skills.
· The physical ability to lift and carry items weighing 90 pounds, climb and work from ladders, bend, stoop, work around moving machinery, work around dust and fumes, and work in inclement weather conditions.
DMK Development Group embraces equal opportunity principles and has established policies and practices that support these values as an important element of our culture. The Company’s hiring decisions are based on merit, qualifications, experience and abilities. We are committed to non-discrimination in our employment practices without regard to race, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, age, veteran or military status, pregnancy or any other basis prohibited by law. This policy statement governs all aspects of employment including selection, job assignment, compensation, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and training.
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Paid Vacation, Paid Holidays, 401K Plan
Compensation commensurate with experience and prior performance. This position will qualify for additional benefits including a performance bonus plan.