Location: Port Huron, MI
The Coordinator is responsible for maintaining the day-to-day operations of the Bariatric/Surgical Weight Loss Program, including referral development, marketing and patient guidance. The Coordinator is responsible for the administrative coordination of all clinical and support services for the program. As a member of the interdisciplinary care team, the Coordinator works collaboratively with other members to assure safe and accurate delivery of care.
The Bariatric Coordinator assists in center development, managing the accreditation process and ensuring continuous compliance with MBSAQIP requirements, maintaining relevant policies and procedures, patient education, outcomes data collection, quality improvement efforts, and education of relevant staff in the various aspects of the metabolic and bariatric surgery patient with a focus on patient safety. The Bariatric Coordinator supports the development of written protocols and education of nurses detailing the rapid communication and basic response to critical vital signs that is specifically required to minimize delays in the diagnosis and treatment of serious adverse events.
The Bariatric Coordinator serves as the liaison between the facility and all surgeons performing metabolic and bariatric surgery at the facility and any general surgeons providing call coverage. The Bariatric Coordinator assists in maintaining the documentation of the call schedule provided by all covering surgeons.
The Coordinator assumes responsibility for the coordination of performance improvement activities for Bariatric services in collaboration with the hospital quality and performance improvement department. The Coordinator will make decisions regarding activities in the area of responsibility based on Center of Excellence criteria in collaboration with the Program Medical Director, Hospital Administration and Regional Director.
The Coordinator works closely with the Program Medical Director, program staff, physicians, patients, patient’s families, and the community to develop and manage strong relationships and business development activities of the division, including physician and community relations programs. Responsible for achieving goals and providing regular progress reports to Director, and Executive leadership as needed.
1. It is required that a licensed health care professional or registered dietitian fills this position.
2. Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business (Development) or related field preferred
3. 1-3 years in related field (business development, sales and/or marketing) strongly preferred
4. Public speaking experience in both large and small groups, preferred.
5. Program planning and/or project management experience and evaluation strongly preferred
6. Demonstrated computer skills; proficiency in MS Office required.
7. Critical thinking skills required. Must be autonomous and self-driven. Must be able to work well independently and with others.
8. Demonstrated competencies include: Customer Focus, Problem-Solving, Strategy Development, Performance Reporting and Selling.