Financial Aid Officer
Location: Birmingham, AL
Name: Debra King
Reports to: Director of
The Financial Aid Officer assists
the Director of Financial Aid in all aspects of administering the student financial
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists students in making
application for all forms of student financial assistance (Federal, State,
Agency, Veterans, Employer, etc.).
- Conducts entrance and exit
counseling for student borrowers.
- Performs data entry and
file maintenance on the Campus Vue, FAME, and NSLDS data management
- Performs need analysis and
financial aid packaging in Campus Vue and FAME.
- Verifies and corrects financial
aid application data. Prepares Professional Judgment applications for
review by the Financial Aid Director
- Maintains student files,
assembles new student information and application packages and performs other
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Director of Financial Aid
and/or School Director/ President.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- 2-3 years experience as a financial aid officer.
- Knowledge of Federal and State financial aid regulations with
specific knowledge of Title IV.
- Ability to interact with all levels of individuals.
- Detail oriented problem solver and the ability to multi-task.
- Competency in the use of a
personal computer and other office equipment
- Ability to work in an
environment that can be fast-paced and stressful at times
- Physical mobility
throughout the facility
- Bachelor’s degree preferred