Project Director PBM Operations
Location: Phoenix, AZ
This position is responsible for leading and directing projects and analysis for the enterprise and/or an assigned SBU. This includes project definition, identification of goals, potential obstacles, project planning, tracking, reporting status, coordination with interfacing projects/departments, project evaluation, and project revision. Develops and maintains project charters, detailed project plans, weekly status updates and provides problem resolution. Collaborates across the organization to drive projects to completion. Responsible for ensuring projects are within scope and meet time and budget targets.
- Responsible for all analysis and project management for the enterprise. Performs review of project management details, schedule, change orders, and overall due diligence for appropriate operations, and consults with management to ensure overall consensus with the proposed plan/action. Monitors deadlines and quality of deliverables to ensure compliance with standard processes and methodologies. Tracks and assigns ownership of site and project level issues. Recommends problem resolution.
- Leads or participates in initiatives or projects that support process improvements, leveraging new system capabilities or the integration of data/other applications into existing systems.
- Works with management to implement and monitor the day to day processes.
- Analyzes operational impact of project requests. Assists leadership in developing business cases, forecasting costs, equipment and resource requirements. Assists leadership with establishment and facilitation of internal project management processes and tools i.e. critical path tracking, contingency planning, operational workflow documentation/refinement.
- Communicates outline to both internal and external project team members regarding roles and responsibilities, project expectations, communication protocols and financial processes, etc.
- Partners as appropriate with various teams to complete assigned projects. May provide training, direction and mentorship to other team members.
- Gathers data to support business process enhancements and assists with prioritization of process improvement initiatives.
- Creates cost and benefit analysis.
- Responsible for budget review and cost management for department.
- Based on assigned SBU, may lead Strategic Operations efforts around answering RFP’s including maintenance and update of the proposal database questions.
- Effectively manages evolving and competing objectives using a variety of project management tools.
- Other duties as assigned.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled