Manufacturing Engineer II 59024
Location: Florence, AL
Pay: $1,000.00 /Year
Large, highly successful automotive parts manufacturer located in northern Alabama offering a small town, friendly atmosphere. Top school systems, colleges and universities, a mild climate and opportunity for water recreation and easy access to major cities.
Responsibilities of the Manufacturing Engineer:
- Planning, designing and implementing assembly processes;
- Providing daily technical support for the assembly process;
- Analyzing assembly line layouts, workflow, assembly methods, change-over-fixturing, gauges, work-in-process storage, and tool storage;
- Developing APQP requirements, PFMEA, Process Flow charts, and Process Design Sheets;
- Leading and participating in activities to build prototype and pre-production sample part;
- Supporting Program Management generated project macro-schedules with detailed engineering micro-schedules to ensure tracking and on time completion;
- Identifying VE/VA ideas and standard parts for new product designs.
4-year degree required; Engineering, Industrial Technology, or similar disciplines preferred. Required Skills for the Manufacturing Engineer
- 2+ years of manufacturing engineering experience;
- Experience in a JIT automotive manufacturing environment is highly preferred;
- Layouts, workflow, assembly methods, WIP storage, tool storage;
- APQP, PFMEA, Process Flow Charts, Process Design Sheets;
- Building prototype and pre-production sample parts;
- Analytical, problem solving and planning skills;
- Interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.