Location: Toledo, OH
Pay: $0.00 - $30.00 /Hour
Name: Tom Medvec
LOCATION: Plymouth MI
SALARY: up to $30 per hour
WHY THIS COMPANY:
· In house skilled trades training program.
· .04% employee turnover percentage
· Average employee has 10 or more years with the company.
· Position open due to transfer of the current manger to the new plant.
· Low cost Blue Cross Health Insurance ranging from 0$ to $62 per week for a family plan.
· Growing corporation investing millions on capital equipment and technology.
A long time successful growing tier one supplier of machined powertrain components is expanding again. They are about to open their second new plant in 2 years. This is a team orientated culture and well trained workforce dedicated to the success of the company. This corporation has a proven history of internal promotions and career growth
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
· Interact with production scheduling, quality and engineering to plan production.
· Communicate production goals, objectives and due dates to supervisors and team members.
· Assign work, allocate resources and follow up to ensure throughput.
· Manage and motivate team members.
· Develop and document production reports, efficiency reports, employee records and customer required documents.
· Use MRP/ERP software to monitor production and maintain records.
· Resolve bottleneck and production issues investigating root cause and developing action plans.
· Assist in the launch of new products and equipment.
· Lead or participate in lean and continuous improvement activities.
· Monitor production dates and visual management system ensuring throughput and on time delivery.
· Interact with the management team, maintenance and engineer to resolve machining and downtime issues.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
· Experience managing, guiding, directing, motivating and developing employees.
· Knowledge and experience working in a high volume automotive environment.
· Basic understanding of machined processes.
· Experience lading multiple department.
· Knowledge of automotive OEM requirements.
· Basic machining knowledge.
· Team building skills.
· Strong planning skills and ability to effectively execute the production schedule.