Production Test Technician
Location: Huntsville, AL
Name: Brea Deen
Allstates Consulting Services is seeking a fulltime Production Test Technician for our client in Huntsville, AL. Contract to hire or Direct hire position.
The technician performs the set-up, calibration, testing and troubleshooting of circuits, components, instruments and mechanical assemblies. Determines and may develop test specifications, methods and procedures from blueprints, drawings and diagrams. Tests and troubleshoots assemblies and/or final systems. May complete rework on assemblies and/or systems as a result of testing. Prepares technical reports summarizing findings and recommending solutions to technical problems. May assist in the selection and set-up of specialized test equipment.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
Knowledge and Skills
- Test, Debug and Repair of electronic assemblies.
- Involved in debugging to component level new with RF, analog, and digital experience.
- Calibration of equipment
- Document Control, responsible for producing and maintaining records associated with the Test/Debug/Repair process
- Build and test prototypes
- Other duties as assigned
- Must demonstrate ability to read, interpret and work from test reports, schematics and product specification sheets, and to follow testing and calibration instructions.
- Strong working knowledge of electrical and electronic theories, trouble-shooting and assemblies required.
- Demonstrated ability to use small hand and power tools, previous experience with p.c. based testing equipment is preferred.
- Excellent hand and eye coordination is needed, along with good communication and interpersonal skills. Certified to IPC-A-610 Standard recommended, but not necessary.
- Secret clearance recommended, but not required.
- Associate's degree in Electronics Technology or Military Technical School required.
- US Citizen (due to US Gov't work)
- Qualification: 2-10 years experience troubleshooting CCAs to component level