Location: Moab, UT
Resident Engineer (Engineering Manager I) Monticello, UT
What if you could be part of the team that engineers the State of Utah roadways? The Utah Department of Transportation is one of the premier Departments of Transportation in the country and you could be a part of it.
UDOT Region 4 is ready to hire a Resident Engineer (Engineering Manager I) in Monticello. The Resident Engineer helps UDOT Keep Utah Moving by leading in contract administration.
As a Resident Engineer, you will:
- Perform inspections.
- Compile documentation.
- Make contractor payments.
- Lead a crew during the construction phases of UDOT projects ensuring that:
- inspections get completed
- materials are tested
- projects are documented as required.
- Serve as a UDOT representative on their projects.
- Be the liaison between UDOT and the contractor.
- Interpret plans and specifications.
- Negotiate contract changes.
- Ensure quality of road construction.
The Ideal Candidate
The best qualified candidate will:
- Be registered as a professional engineer in Utah
- Have 2 years of post licensure engineering experience.
- Have a BS Degree, or higher, in Civil Engineering.
Preference may be given to those who have experience working on transportation related projects.
Why You Should Join Our Team
You will receive great health and retirement benefits. We also provide generous paid time off so you can spend more time with your family and have a positive work-life balance.