Location: Mobile, AL
Pay: $60,000.00 - $100,000.00 /Year
Name: Jessica Toves
Phone: (251) 476-8210
Location: Mobile, AL
Type: Full Time
Min. Experience: Mid-Level
We are looking for a Back-End Web Developer responsible for managing the interchange of data between the server and the users. Your primary focus will be development of all server-side logic, definition and maintenance of the databases, and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end. You will also be responsible for integrating the front-end elements built by your coworkers into the websites and applications. A basic understanding of front-end technologies is therefore necessary as well.
The Company is an engineering powerhouse and an industry leader in IoT and the home automation market. Innovation, creativity, and quality permeate our culture. We know, respect, and reward engineering excellence. At this company we work hard and we enjoy our work. We are looking for someone who is madly in love with code and who dreams about writing it. In exchange, we offer a great work environment, competitive salaries, and excellent benefits.
- Integration of user-facing elements developed by a front-end developers with server side logic
- Building reusable code and libraries for future use
- Optimization of the application for maximum speed and scalability
- Implementation of security and data protection
- Design and implementation of data storage solutions
- Planning, setup and management of version control, testing procedures, and code repositories
- Management of future web-development employees
- Server, hosting, and database setup and deployment
Skills and Qualifications:
- Proficiency in development for Drupal CMS (writing modules, plug-ins, and adjustments to core functions).
- Proficient knowledge and experience with PHP, MySQL, LAMP environments, as well as jQuery
- Good understanding of server-side CSS preprocessors, such as LESS and SASS
- Experience with Ruby or Rails, NoSQL (such as MongoDB or Cassandra), or Node.js is preferred.
- Understanding accessibility and security compliance
- User authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments
- Integration of multiple data sources and databases into one system
- Management of hosting environment, including database administration and scaling an application to support load changes
- Data migration, transformation, and scripting
- Setup and administration of backups
- Outputting data in different formats
- Understanding differences between multiple delivery platforms such as mobile vs desktop, and optimizing output to match the specific platform
- Creating database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Strong project management skills
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Understanding of “session management" in a distributed server environment
- B.S. or B.A. in IT or Computer Sciences, or equivalent work experience
- 3-5 years of actual experience in back-end web development
Salary and Benefits:
This position offers competitive pay according to the prospective applicant's experience and skill sets. The company offers its employees medical, dental, and vision insurance and paid vacation. Tentatively $60-100k annually DOE.