Location: Knoxville, TN
The Heights of Knoxville, off-campus student housing complex is seeking General Manager to lead our team in Knoxville, TN.
The ideal candidate for this position will enjoy fast paced work, show creativity, and have a high degree of professionalism when working with their clients. The General Manager position will be responsible for maintaining the physical assets and enhancing the financial performance of the community, creating an attractive, welcoming, desirable and safe community that embraces all qualified applicants, leads a diverse staff, ensuring adequate training and professional growth opportunities for all personnel, as well as general property administration.
- Ensures a high-level of communication with current and prospective residents, maintaining effective, professional and compassionate resident relations
- Participates in the development of budgets, and works collaboratively to ensure that expenditures are in accordance with the budget
- Supervises on-site marketing and assignments and participates in all advertising and marketing programs
- Supervises the assignment, transfer, check-in and check-out process for residents
- Ensures that the portfolio regularly conducts relevant market research and coordinates and oversees this activity and monitor trends
- Updates, monitors reviews and utilizes weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual leasing and sales reports that detail performance metrics
- Prepares management plan
- Interfaces with outside professionals regarding legal, accounting, insurance, tax, and others as appropriate
- Responds to any emergencies that may arise on site
- Communicates all problems and makes recommendations to supervisor.
As an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer, The Scion Group LLC provides job opportunities to qualified individuals without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, familial or military status, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local EEO laws. All candidates for employment must successfully complete pre-employment drug testing and background verification before employment is finalized.
- College degree and 2-5 years property management experience, or an equivalent combination of educational and professional experience
- At least three years of supervisory experience of three or more full-time staff
- Commitment to continuous improvement, including the Accredited Residential Manager designation (Institute of Real Estate Management) or similar program
- Experience in accounting and PMS systems such as Entrata, Yardi, Realpage, MRI, etc., is preferred.