Location: Huntsville, AL
Pay: $105,000.00 - $125,000.00 /Year
Name: Rusty Kubis
Quality Manager (Direct Hire)
Description for Quality Manager:
This is a key role in Management focused on the development of quality products, processes and suppliers. Utilizing WCM quality methods and tools along with ISO 9001 QMS, to drive and sustain continuous improvement. This important role will represent the quality function in product development, supplier quality development, and claims management.
Responsibilities for Quality Manager:
- Drive improvement in critical metrics including customer complaints, scrap, costs of poor quality and corrective actions.
- Reduce the total Cost of Poor Quality
- Coach, mentor and lead the Quality Engineering team through PAP projects.
- Hire, train, motivate, evaluate and the Quality team
- Lead Focused Improvement and PAP projects.
- Serve as the ISO 9001 Management Representative. Oversee and maintain the ISO 9001 certification and system plant wide.
- Ensure adherence to procedures and instructions included in the QMS
- Drive the implementation of the Quality Pillar for World Class Manufacturing.
- Develop, and provide leadership for the Corrective Action System.
- Verify, by auditing, the effectiveness of corrective actions.
- Work closely with Engineering and Operations on their projects and process improvements.
- Work closely with Design and R&D on new product evaluations, process validation and approval process
- Provide leadership and direction to all support groups providing input to the manufacturing process.
- Coordinate and lead Quality related training
- Approve purchased product suppliers
- Implement quality tools such as:
- Failure Mode and Effects Analysis
- Control Plans
- All of the 21 Quality Basics
- Measurement System Analysis
- Process capability studies
- Corrective actions
- Statistical Process control
- Product Failure analysis
- Root Cause analysis
- Data analysis
- Design of Experiment
- Decision making responsibility to hold or release current production, held product or returned product.
- Recommend disposition on out of specification testing results (derogation responsibility).
- Develop and work within annual departmental budget.
- Supervise and develop the skills and knowledge of the Quality Assurance Department.
Requirements for Quality Manager:
- ASQ Quality Certification desired.
- 7 – 10 years’ experience in Senior Quality Role
- 5 plus years in Company Wide ISO 9001 leadership/auditing role
- Significant line management experience
- Experience and knowledge in quality systems software
- Ability to communicate to all levels of the Company
- Proficient skills in data collection, statistical problem solving and presentation
- Strong computer skills. Must be strong in Microsoft Office - Excel, and PowerPoint with the ability to quickly learn others such as: SAP, Minitab, SharePoint
- A genuine desire to work outside the boundaries and be a part of the team.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Must be able to represent company to the customer on occasion.
- Strong ability to communicate well in multifunctional teams.
- Strong organizational skills (Project Management experience a plus)
- Willingness and ability to travel – Overnight 20%
- Science or Engineering Degree
- Must be able to pass a color vision test.