Location: Jeffersonville, IN
Pay: $10,850.00 /Year
Name: Staci Campton
The Employment Coach is responsible for evaluating, assessing and constructing profiles for individuals with developmental, intellectual, physical and emotional disabilities; as well as individuals who may have a criminal background, who are seeking employment. Under moderate supervision, Employment Consultants develop competitive employment opportunities; and provide follow-up support on the job sites.
1. Travel within the community to provide job development, assessment, placement, training and fading services to clients on the job sites
2. Provide evaluation and assessment by creating a person-centered profile including the participants abilities, capabilities and needs
3. Provide training and arrange practice opportunities to clients in a variety of employment settings
4. On-the-job training and training consultation with the employer and participant to assure good work performance and clear understanding of the task to be performed
5. Assist clients to establish community connections and make referrals to community agencies. Develop natural supports in the community for the clients especially those relative to the community worksite
6. Consultation with families and participants in order to maintain a good communication to help identify any progress
7. Consultation with employers to check on job performance
8. Coordinate meetings and conduct meetings/conferences for clients
9. Coordinate referrals when needed for specific services
10. Be accessible, flexible and cooperative to the various customer groups and their needs
11. Operate programs to the standards established by DARS., Voc. Rehab., CARF, and Medicaid Waiver
12. Represent the participant as they seek employment, based on their needs and interest and own personal goals.
13. Performs job development activities, including employer contacts
4. Provide daily/weekly/monthly follow-up communications ,as needed, with both employer and participant to ensure mutual interests are being served
15. Maintain client files with current documentation
16. Provide timely and ongoing support services.
17. Ensure that all individual billing and related documentation is submitted to management per program expectations. End of business day for on-site services, 36 hours from shift completion for off-site services.
18. Must have access to the internet to maintain communication and submit needed documentation electronically.
1. Must be able to work a varied schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays and have the ability to deal positively with all people who are in contact with the agency.
2. Must be dedicated to quality community based services for people with all types of disabilities, able to organize time and tasks with minimal supervision
3. Must be able to communicate information accurately and positively and have excellent job seeking skills with the ability to motivate people
4. Must be proficient written and oral communication skills. Ability to objectively handle a wide variety of employee/employer relationships
5. Complete all annual tests and trainings including but not limited to TB test or chest x-ray, SCM, CPR, First Aid, BBP Certifications, ISP/PCP, Incident Reporting, Abuse/Neglect/Exploitation, Documentation, and Transportation
6. Must possess a valid state drivers license, proof of insurance coverage per company policy, and have a vehicle that is reliable for transportation of consumers
EDUCATION/YEARS OF EXPERIENCE:
1. High School Diploma or equivalent required
2. 1 year experience working with individuals with developmental, intellectual, physical or emotional disabilities, as well as those who have a criminal background preferred
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 5 to 50 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision and distance vision.
Must be able to work in hot areas such as kitchens and laundries.