Location: Jeffersonville, IN
Pay: $11.00 /Hour
Name: Staci Campton
The Employment Coach is responsible for evaluating, assessing and constructing job profiles for individuals with developmental, intellectual, physical and emotional disabilities; as well as individuals who may have a criminal background, who are seeking employment. Employment Coaches assist in developing competitive employment opportunities and provide follow-up support on the job sites.
This is a part time (>34 hours) position. Must have the ability to work a flexible schedule with possible evenings and/or weekend hours when necessary.
1. Travel within the community to provide job development, assessment, placement, training and fading services to clients on the job sites
2. Provide evaluation and assessment by creating a person-centered profile including the participants abilities, capabilities and needs
3. Provide training and arrange practice opportunities to clients in a variety of employment settings
4. On-the-job training and training consultation with the employer and participant to assure good work performance and clear understanding of the task to be performed
5. Assist clients to establish community connections and make referrals to community agencies. Develop natural supports in the community for the clients especially those relative to the community worksite
6. Consultation with families and participants in order to maintain a good communication to help identify any progress
7. Consultation with employers to check on job performance
8. Coordinate meetings and conduct meetings/conferences for clients
9. Coordinate referrals when needed for specific services
10. Be accessible, flexible and cooperative to the various customer groups and their needs
11. Represent the participant as they seek employment, based on their needs and interest and own personal goals
12. Performs job development activities, including employer contacts
13. Provide daily/weekly/monthly follow-up communications ,as needed, with both employer and participant to ensure mutual interests are being served
1. Must be able to display flexibility to make changes in daily schedules and have the ability to perform multiples tasks effectively and efficiently
2. Must demonstrate familiarity with the local business community and resources
3. Ability to demonstrate effective conflict resolution, negotiation, problem solving, and self-advocacy skills and promote these skills in the individuals they serve.
4. Ability to demonstrate effective writing, documenting, and recording skills that use alternative formats as needed to assure understanding for everyone
5. Must possess a valid state drivers license, proof of insurance coverage per company policy, and have a vehicle that is reliable for transportation of consumers
EDUCATION/YEARS OF EXPERIENCE:
1. High School Diploma or equivalent required
2. 1 year experience working with individuals with developmental, intellectual, physical or emotional disabilities, as well as those who have a criminal background preferred
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 5 to 50 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision and distance vision.Must be able to work in hot areas such as kitchens and laundries.