Location: Prudhoe Bay, AK
Install, operate and maintain the various
utility electrical power distribution systems to include new installation, removal,
maintenance, repair, and operation of underground distribution systems.
Required to be able to perform non-scheduled work as emergency and outage situations
require while on site.
maintain and repair electrical underground distribution equipment such as substations,
switches, capacitors, transformers, pre-cast concrete and fiberglass
foundations; electrical cables in ducts or direct burial; cable risers;
splices and terminations non-leaded medium voltage cables; entire substation
construction including installation of structures, switches, insulators,
buses, foundations and associated equipment.
- Perform installation design and
construction of new services or distribution system projects.
- Install and maintain customer
services, including transformer installation, maintenance and testing; wiring
and installation of meter bases, and general maintenance and testing of customer’s
- Test and configure electric
meters using precision test equipment and computer software.
- Advise of any system changes
and provide the necessary paperwork required to document changes, provide
recommendations for upgrades, repair, and system modifications.
- Maintain distribution system
drawings and documentation.
inspections on customer installed new services.
site inventory lists and purchase order requests for supplies, materials
and repair parts.
circuits, wiring diagrams and drawings to install, repair, calibrate,
service or replace electrical components and systems.
wiring diagrams, specifications, instructions
and supervision of other TDX
employees or third party contractors.
up and shut down equipment in accordance with company safety procedures for
machine activation and shutdown and in line with OSHA requirements.
and follow National Electric Safety Code and other regulatory requirements.
Ability to work independently in
challenging climatic conditions and under time constraints.
- Manage emergencies and special
support work, such as utility outages and/or any special event(s).
- Perform meter reading duties as
necessary; maintain meter reading equipment and instruct others in the
correct reading of meters.
- Drive and maintain the mobile
workshop truck; maintain its tools and inventory.
- Comply with all required
environmental, health, and safety programs.
Actively maintain public relations
and serve as a point of contact for customers.
Assure all consumer complaints are
handled in a professional manner that best serves TDX Power.
Assist plant operator with maintenance
of power plant facilities, equipment and vehicles.
Perform other duties as assigned
perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following
competencies to perform the essential functions of this position.
- High degree of safety awareness, care and attention to
surroundings when in working in hazardous environments with no tolerance
for mistakes, such as working on hot circuits
and self-motivated. Ability to work independently and with minimal
to identify and remedy problems without being specifically tasked by
self-starter; demonstrating problem solving skills.
- Ability to follow up and provide status and documentation
on actions assigned; ability to multi-task.
- Must demonstrate a
customer service attitude, handle difficult situations with diplomacy and
work well with co-workers. Provide leadership when required.
- Effectiveness in diagnosing
problems to minimize down-time and cost Ability to functioning well in
severe conditions and under pressure to restore power or trouble-shoot and
repair critical equipment
interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written) .
to manage several projects, maintaining schedule and cost targets.
need for confidentiality and securing of sensitive information.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are
the only duties to be performed by this employee. He or she will be required to
follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by his
or her supervisor. The
statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work
being performed by the employee in this position. They are not to be constructed as an
exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of a person in
this position. Furthermore, they do not
establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion
of North Slope Generating.
All interested applicants need to submit a resume by close of business on October 23rd, 2017
- High school diploma or equivalent with a minimum 3 years work in the electrical field as a lineman.
- Prefer a current Journeyman Lineman License; required Journeyman Master Electrician State of Alaska fitness certification.
- A valid drivers’ license issued by state of residence and in good standing; CDL license not required.
- Ability to successfully read, understand and draw electrical drawings and schematics to include the symbols, terminology pertaining to electrical drawings and schematics as commonly utilized in electric utilities.
- Ability to climb in overhead structures, to work beneath machines and in close quarters while performing analysis and repair work
- Experience working in remote locations under severe climatic conditions, preferably arctic regions. Ability to work extended work schedules, often in unpleasant or severe weather conditions; in- and outdoors
- Working knowledge of principles of diesel power generation maintenance and experience in diesel equipment maintenance and repair preferred.
- Hazop Response certification preferred.
- Broad knowledge in maintenance methods and practices
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects, priorities, and relationships
- Demonstrated ability to work in teams and supervise other electricians as the situation requires.
- U.S. citizenship or U.S. permanent resident status required.
- May be required to pass security clearance investigation.