Location: Hilton Head Island, SC
Pay: $30,000.00 - $40,000.00 /Year
Name: Tanja Stanley
Local Travel Agency is seeking a full time, detail orientated and organized self starter, to fill their open Travel Agent position.
Monday – Friday 9:00AM-5PM (some Saturdays only by Appointment)
Salary DOE plus Commission!
Major Job Duties:
• Develop new clients by networking within the community on your own and on behalf of the agency.
• Plan and create consumer events with the support of management.
• Book reservations for travel, hotels, rental cars, and special events, such as tours and excursions
• Preparing customized itineraries to suit the clients’ preferences and budget.
• Make alternative booking arrangements if changes arise before or during the trip
• Liaising with clients consistently and professionally in person, over the phone or via email to discuss travel arrangements and requirements.
• Advising clients on suitable options for domestic or international destinations, tours, accommodation, transport, insurance and fares.
• Making and confirming bookings, often via a Global Distribution System (computerized central reservation system).
• Record and maintain information on clients, vendors, and travel packages.
• High School Diploma is required; Degree in Hospitality, Travel, Tourism, or relevant field
• Previous proven Travel Advisor experience is required
• Excellent knowledge of traveling software (Client Base Plus and others; GDS systems and Sabre preferred)
• Proficiency in English; knowledge of additional languages is an advantage
• Exemplary sales and interpersonal skills are critical for success
• Well versed in various areas of travel (domestic/international, business/holidays, group/individual etc.)
• Ability to present, persuade, communicate effectively and provide excellent customer service skills
• Candidates with personal travel experience will be preferred
• Out of Town Business trips are required (once or twice a year)
In order to expedite the application process, use the following link to apply:
If above link does not work, go to www.teamambassador.com to review open positions.
Ambassador is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other attribute protected by law.