Location: Fort Smith, AR
Name: Ajoy Mukherjee
Role / Title
- The Controls Engineer position is responsible for providing various electronic/technical support to the Salted Snacks manufacturing network, which consists of three factories, with emphasis on troubleshooting Process Control Circuits, Human/Machine Interfaces, Distributed Controls Systems and Process Control Networks.
- Furthermore, the Controls Engineer will serve as the primary resource for all technical training needs within the network, supervising processes relating to electronic systems, instrumentation, PLCs and the repair, maintenance and installation of electronic equipment and to optimize maintenance effectiveness through utilization of in-house systems through planning and scheduling maintenance activities.
- Provides technical training to maintenance leadership and personnel on proper troubleshooting techniques used to isolate problems on process control equipment.
- Develops, maintains and modifies process control software as required to support facility needs. Is also responsible for the archiving and backup of process control program files.
- Oversees installations of process control devices throughout the production processes, ensuring conformance to specifications.
- Assists in the design and implementation of process control upgrades to existing facility equipment. Assists in the installation and start-up of new and upgraded process control equipment. Acts as the network’s point person for all new corporate process control projects.
- Partners with Factory Leadership in the troubleshooting and corrective action for all electrical and process control issues within the facility
- Leads the development and improvement of Human/Machine Interfaces that results in improved operations across the network.
- Insures that PLC Logic of operating equipment is correct to deliver consistent, high quality products across the network.
- Assists in the development and implementation of technical training programs and curriculum within the Network.
- Supervises efforts concerning electronic, PLC’s, and instrumentation equipment to minimize failures and downtime.
- Responsible to insure proper training of in house technicians has been completed for each new system and that skills are kept current on all existing systems.
- Provides assistance and expertise to engineering concerning the design and installation of new systems.
- Responsible for developing and recommending improvements to equipment, methods, layout, and procedures pertaining to department operations. Reduce chronic problems and optimize performance of existing systems through analysis and implementation of solutions.
- Responsible for keeping costs at a minimum for efficient operation, proper care and economical use of materials, efficient distribution of workforce.
- Identify cost reduction improvement opportunities
- Ensure that all work complies with all regulations and work is completed in a safe manner and displays good quality workmanship.
- Oversee safety processes including, but not limited to, goal setting, hazard recognition, and elimination, administration of safety procedures and corresponding corrective action, area inspection, job skills, and compliance training, accident investigation and safety meetings.
- Participate in the QRMP yearly audit and assist in the development of procedures and corrective actions.
- Accountable for the QRMP (Quality Risk Management Process) system and operational standards as outlined in the plant accountability list.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BS or AA degree in electronics engineering or systems.
- Prefer 2-3 years’ experience supervisory experience.
- Working knowledge of personal computers, PLC’s and local IS systems.
- Ability to interpret computer terminology as it relates to data entry.
Please send your resume at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]